Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all. I've been searching but not much info on exhaust systems, have a 17 bf and wondering if anyone has any experience with rjw from sweden or empire. Looking at a single. Any reply's are appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
12,656 Posts
Empire is a Muzzy copy, and that's a good thing.

Reactions: NCBrute

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Hey y'all. I've been searching but not much info on exhaust systems, have a 17 bf and wondering if anyone has any experience with rjw from sweden or empire. Looking at a single. Any reply's are appreciated!
IF YOU DO A LOT OF MUD PITS OR DEEP WATER CROSSINGS, OPT FOR THE SINGLE SILENCER - DUALS DONT DO WELL IN DEEP WATER DUE TO THE EXHAUST PULSES. EMPIRE HAS BEEN A GOOD OPTION OUT THERE. BIG GUN IS ANOTHER OPTION.

·
Registered
182 Posts
What kind of power gains? I'm looking at a single.
Empire has the most gains, and Trinity is a close second. You'll need a programmer with an exhaust upgrade. Your best bet is to contact VForce John. he sells both exhausts, and custom tuned programmers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im sure thats paired with his custom tuning, but still one hell of an upgrade for this machine. Talking with VFJ over the last couple days, exhaust, tuner, and clutching makes the Brute a bad mamma jamma.
I added the dobeck tuner which brought it back to life and upgraded the r/r with a Shindengen SH847 which added some to. I know I have to do some clutch work and think I am going with the Empire for exhaust!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all, new to the forum, and I will firstly say thanks for any responses I may get in advance. I have a question about the empire. I bought a empire full single system. I do alot of water riding and not interested in a second pipe hanging down. Anyway, I bought the system. I have heard about it being a pita to fit on. This is fine as I have a fairly substantial background in fabrication and making things fit. Not above cutting, welding, tweaking etc. But for a $800 system, I didn't think that should be the case. So I went to put it on. Despite what folks say, the way the pipes are, it's almost nearly impossible to put it on wrong. In fact I'm not sure how you would even if you want to. That aside. With all pipes lining up as they should, the can is about 3 inches away from the bracket, and the pipe that comes from the collector, into the can, is touching the frame. I am in florida, they are in AZ, so In an attempt to make it fit I completely mangled the heat shield (nicely) to the point it is touching the gas tank shield. The last pipe/can still will not fit, the mount got closer, but nowhere near fitting as well as a "precision" made exhaust should. So I redid this about 756,211 times, and still came up with the same result. So, with my analytical/mechanical mind, I figured I'd install piece by piece separately to see if I can see what went wrong. With ALL of the pipes completely off, the can and the collector to can pipe won't fit. Just the can and the extension, will not fit, even by itself on the bike. This is with the heat shield mangled (again, nicely). So there is no way in hell it fits. So I sent the system back, Eric is who I spoke with who assured me as soon as he receives it, he will put it in the fixture and see what he can see. I have a video detailing exactly what wouldn't fit and how and why. So I shipped it out, with tracking of course, and it touched down yesterday. I assume he didn't know it arrived because I never got a call. So I tried contacting him today, Sam answered, tells me Eric is not available at this time. I requested in previous email that I only speak with Eric on this cause I don't like middlemen and prefer to deal with with most knowledgeable person at the company I can. I was told by Sam that he just asked Eric (not sure how, if he was unavailable) and that he did put it in and everything "seems" ok, and would either send it back to me or refund my money. Still have not gotten my one request which was to speak with Eric on it. If I could face time with him or something and see the fixtures, both of our brains collectively may see the issue. And you all, as well as I, as well as Eric know as tight as this system fits, if there is one flange or one joint that is slightly off, none of this will fit. That still doesn't answer that, even if an angle or dangle is off, both JUST the muffler and pipe leaving it will not fit, even with heat shield smashed. This seems to me that the issue would be too much angle on the pipe entering the collector, or the muffler tabs are too far back on the muffler, making the muffler sit further forward, making the pipe appear to be too short or have too much angle. But I cannot find ANY install videos on YouTube, or forums or anywhere. Not even any good install PICS. But everyone on this site can rest assured, as soon as I get it figured out, there will be a full video on the situation and how it ended up fitting and/or what is wrong. If someone has had this issue please help. I'm in dire need of a solution. Thanks and God bless.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts