Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting mixed answers about the need for extended rockers when using aftermarket cams.

We just did a Fundy Trail/Race kit and did not use them.

Have heard they fail more often than stock ones. Heard it is just a way for Web to make money.

Does anyone know the absolute truth on this?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I have been getting mixed answers about the need for extended rockers when using aftermarket cams.

We just did a Fundy Trail/Race kit and did not use them.

Have heard they fail more often than stock ones. Heard it is just a way for Web to make money.

Does anyone know the absolute truth on this?
VFORCEJOHN just put an 800 kit with XX cams in my 08 750 and don't remember him saying anything about extended rocker arms. But maybe someone else can add to this.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I don't have them on mine either. I don't think that its an issue with most cams until you get into the BIG boy cams

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Extended rockers are actually extended on the inside of the pad. With a big cam as it turns the rocker pad actaully drops of the cam. If this happens then extended rockers are needed for sure.

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts
Ray will tell you, that you don't need them. I know a lot run with out them. I did for a long time until I got into some of the big cams then I installed them. If you look on most of the bigger cams the lobes ride on the edge of the pads on the stockers. Web claims that you need them and the builders say you don't. I know AMR has some cams that require them.
Ray was talking the other day about the profile on the web rockers is different then the stockers so you don't get full benefit from the cams with the webs or something like that. But unless the builders says you need them with the cams, I would run the stockers. I have had cams flake with stockers and with webs extended rockers so....

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It would be nice to know the cut off point or what lift you need them. Hate buying or selling items not needed.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
I think its dependent on a few different factor not just lift.

Call Glenn at AMR. He has explained it best to me.

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts

I agree, give a builder a call they can tell you for sure. I don't think any of Ray's or Mickey's (FST) cams require web rockers.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts

I agree, give a builder a call they can tell you for sure. I don't think any of Ray's or Mickey's (FST) cams require web rockers.

They dont sell fast stuff either so no need for a good cam:lol::lol::lol:J/K

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glenn contacted me via PM and got me on the straight and now.

We are good at building the engines and tuning them, never wanted to figure how to make a engine kit.

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
best way to weed through the bs

·
Registered
477 Posts
Todd you mind forwarding me the info about the extended rockers.

Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts