Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gauge is going to make me an extended swingarm but I am having trouble deciding on what length to go with. First I was thinking of a +10 then started thinking a +8 may be better. Since I really have no experience in this area I figured I would ask you guys who may have a better idea. I will be using it for the dunes and maybe for drag racing. So if this was you what length would you go with? Details of what I have are in the sig.

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
well, you are wanting to do two diferent things.. dunes... a 10 works great... as you can't run a bar.. but, for the track.... an 8 or even a 6 would be the best... you want the tires as close to your but/ seat as possible for the track assuming you are running a wheelie bar...

so.... to do it all.... an 8 would probably work best for you.... I have a 10 on the 764.. but, it almost never goes to the track.. my chain drives are getting an 8 and a 6..... not sure if I helped you at all or not... lol

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
i would say 8 then it is still a usable bike the longer you go the more you have to steer with the throttle :tup: i still trail ride with my +7 with no problems and even catch a little air and use to wheelie but might retire from that crap

Okay it sounded good... i really will have a hard time doing that:(

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
I have yet to go to the dunes but from the little bit I have used my +9 I love it. Dale does an awesome job on these.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts