Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
A few pics from the weekend, some beautiful Can Ams. The purple one had full custom chromoly frame with an 1133. Some VERY fast Can Ams, & very nice too.

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
wow, those are some nice bikes... looks like they have a few bucks tied up in some of those..:p

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
oh,and congrats on the win too.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Congrats Danno!!!:tup:

It was an awesome weekend of racing, weather could not of been better.
The top 5 or 6 bikes were all within 2 tenth of each other, so it came down to the best reaction time and CJS killed it all day for the win.....

The Canned-Slams were impressive, we are going to have to step it up to run with them at the next race.:eek: They are a couple hundred pounds heavier then us and we had to spray the house down to run with them.
The track would not hold the Turbo Renegade, he had to back the boost down so that he could launch under control.

My 951 ran awesome all day, I red lit against one of the 1133cc Can-Ams in the first round, then won the second third and forth rounds before getting treed badly by CJS for my second loss that eliminated me for the day.

Oh ya, I won the 750cc and under class with my wifes 730 Prairie...

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
They are a couple hundred pounds heavier then us and we had to spray the house down to run with them.
They weren't 200lbs heavier than my bike;)....... but they are heavier for sure. They are skinny buggers though so total weight wasn't far from being the same as me:lol:
Chris was on juice in the final against me.
We had to make back to back passes, and in the first one he forgot to turn on the bottle so I had him covered by a bit in that one. The last one, I treed him by a bit and we were side by side all the way down and at the end I wasn't sure I'd won until we got back, it was that close. Pretty happy with white beast, it ran awesome all day and stayed down in the final when I was on the button by 30' out.:D

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
That is always the most fun racing.. when its close... Congrats again... Is this still a tilled dirt track?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Here's mine & Macs last run. I was #6 & Mac was #47.
We had both been running 4.7's, I had a few 4.8's. as well. I did cut a nice light and went 4.82, Mac's fell off a bit as well for some reason. I did have a fresh bottle and he had a few passes on his bottle, might have been the difference. :D
I talked to the Banshee guy that has run 3.8 on sand at Glamis, and asked why the times were off and he said that this dirt was not nearly as fast as sand, mostly just couldn't hook, plus we were at high elevation.
Hey Rich, it was tilled, then packed down after.

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
packed down? paddles worked for this?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
packed down? paddles worked for this?
Picks would have been the best for sure but it wasn't bad. You can see by our times it wasn't optimum but worked for what we had to work with. We use the field that they use for the rodeo. They want to build a sand track but it's just getting big enough to think about that now. They did build a very nice track though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Congratulations on the win Dan. We've got a great rivalry going and I love it! You're machine ran great and you were hands down the best trigger man.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Congratulations dan good win

Sent from my pos using my pos

·
Registered
565 Posts

What its like to ride the Can Ams. Good perspective. CJS must have been flying to win against machines like this. :tup:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts