Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first off i just put on my new DG full exhoust, and i was wondering because i didnt jet it and when i ride it for a few seconds it starts smoking olike crazy and i was wondering if this means it needs to be jetted. i know it needed to be but i wanted to see if it worked without being jetted. and How much cna i get a jet kit for a 2001 mojave?
2, Where is the sparkplug?
3, do you guys have any tips on how to get the hub off so i can chnage the sprocket? i got the tire off and everything today but i just cant get the hub bolt to spin, i took the pin out and everything but i cant get it and i was wondering if i did something wrong,

Thanks in advance and ANY help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Jetting being off wouldn't make it smoke, maybe just some coating in the new exhaust burning up? You still want to jet it correctly. Give Greg a call at CWR, he can probably set you up with the right jets for around $10. www.cycleworksracing.net

Spark plug is accessed from the right side. Pop the wire off and use the tool from the Mojave's kit or and 18mm deep socket will also loosen it.

The hub nuts are always tight. I have a huge 3/4 drive socket that I use with either and 1-1/8 or 1-1/16 socket. The real size is metric, but one of those sizes also fits. You may have to use a pipe if you don't have a long handle. I also stick a long socket extension or similar item through the sprocket and into the swingarm to hold the axle in place. You don't want to use the transmission to hold it, because it could mess something up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also i did what my dad said took it out for a spin last night when it was really dark to see if it glowed adnd after a few minutes it was glowing real bright so he says that means it deffinetly needs to be jetted and it back fires a little bit when i run it wide up the street. any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Without even looking at it, I can almost guarantee it needs to be jetted. Some may come a little rich from the factory, but there's no way it was rich enough to support an exhaust.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Sounds lean to me. Glowing exhaust is a dead indication of a lean a/f mix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts