Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would it take to put brute fi on a v? if that's out of the question, what about the brute instrument cluster?

thanks

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
IMO it would be a power loss. the carbed machines have been making more HP than the EFI machines. not to mention the $$$$.$$'s you'd spend on doing it and then you'd have to make a new intake, throttle bodies, injectors fuel pump, regulator, wiring. it's a ton of work for a more expensive fuel delivery system.

you could swap wiring harnesses with a brute to get the speedo. but then again. there's alot of useless wiring involved with KEBC and 4wd that you have to just put on there when it's not needed.

John

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
agree with VFJ on the loss of power

have been doing some home work for another project(Chevy or Ford V8 into my 4X4) and learned something very interesting, a carburetor is better at atomizing the fuel then what the fuel injection system is!!

cars that are running in the 7s and 8s 1/4 mile times, are still running one carb!!

very interesting!!:D

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Just chiming in because I have had the opposite experience, from the power perspective anyway...albeit on a 75 Monte Carlo. It was my first car @ 17, would have been an SS model if offered that year.
Stock 350 bottom end, mild Crane cam...Installed a then prototype Holley Pro-Jection 2 barrel throttle body injection system and Accel Bluebrint HEI distributor & Supercoil.
While it was on the car it was amazing!!!! It had the most power out of the hole of any stock bottomend 350 I've ever driven. In the end after 3 months of problems, I gave up on the EFI and installed an Edelbrock 600 cfm vac. sec. 4bbl.
All the units we installed were returned to Holley and tested....they eventually reported back that the units were not electrically insulated well enough for the HEI and Supercoil combo, and EMF noise caused the failures. The Edelbrock was nice, got better mileage then the stock Rochester 2bbl, but never came close to the wow factor and mileage of the EFI......The EFI would've been 3 times the cost though....if we could've gotten it working reliably.
I know this is a completely different situation, and application...just saying given enough time, and $...even a simple T.B. injection system can be made to work, and is nicer for non-racing applications.....for all out racing and applications where 100th's of a sec. matter....nothing is better than a carb.....yet.....unless you go mechanical fuel injection....but that's another animal altogether......
Ed3

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMO it would be a power loss. the carbed machines have been making more HP than the EFI machines. not to mention the $$$$.$$'s you'd spend on doing it and then you'd have to make a new intake, throttle bodies, injectors fuel pump, regulator, wiring. it's a ton of work for a more expensive fuel delivery system.

you could swap wiring harnesses with a brute to get the speedo. but then again. there's alot of useless wiring involved with KEBC and 4wd that you have to just put on there when it's not needed.

John

fi is out for sure, what does the brute use for speed and rpm sensor?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Why not the Acewell or TrailTech aftermarket:hmm::hmm:

Kenny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts