Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was finally able to get out and try my machine with the DG-3BF installed as well as the 6 degree key. I cannot believe how easy this thing will pull the front end up now. I don't have to pull on the handlebars at all. I can just be sitting relaxed, pin it, and the machine will stand right onto the rear rack if you want it to! And this is with 28" tires and a 3000 lb winch on the front! Its much easier than it was stock.

I wasn't sold entirely on these, I kinda thought it was probobly exagerated as to how well it worked...................boy was I wrong!

Highly recommended upgrade!

Just thought I'd share.

Reid

·
Registered
842 Posts
How hard and how long to install the key?
I have been thinking of doing this for awhile now. I still have to find time to tune in my jet kit and already have the dg3 and it is awesome! Always wanting more!!
SMILE!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are good with the tools and have a basic knowledge of such things, its a piece of cake. The hardest part by far is getting of the flywheel, as its a taper fit on the crank.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Look under the post dg5 for my brute force and you will see where we posted a dyno graph showing a 7.2 h.p. increase with just the DG5. That is very significant and when you add our offset key it gets even better. Glad you are pleased with the performance increase we try hard to please
Bearman

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have not installed the offset key yet but the DG5 sure works great. There are a few of us who have Prairies a 2 Brutes who ride together often and there is almost no difference between the DG5 and Dyna cdi. I like the DG5 because it has a built in on-off switch and is a $100.00 cheaper.
Desertrider

M

·
0 Posts
Remember a module is only cheaper until you want to be as good as dynotek cdi,
to do that you need to advance timing with key.
Do it yourself only 15 for key and 10 or so for coolant.

A dealer will charge 150-200 for key change.

I agree there is no big difference between the two if timing is advanced.

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
Keep in mind that this is a 16 year old thread.
They were modules made by a company called Diamond G. There's lots better stuff out there now.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Why bother with a key? Slam a Dynatek in there in 2 minutes and be done with it. No wrenching, no mess, no fuss.

·
Registered
12,422 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
You might want to head over to the KFX700 side of the forum and read the thread "KFX700 CDI box". AMR makes a stage 3 CDI box for the 700 that is plug and play. Not sure what all the technical specs are but it might be worth a look. $170.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts