Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we finally took posession of our new BF 750 and KFX90 quads. They are both very nice machines. Have a question about winches though. I got the promo Warn 25 winch and was wondering where you guys mount the controller / relay? They say to put it as close to the battery as possible and to keep it dry. The only place I can see where it would fit would be where the factory tool tray is. You'd have to scrap the tool kit or relocate it {luggage}......thoughts???

·
Registered
402 Posts
don't have one on my '08.but on my '05 i mounted it on the rear frame opposite side of the pipe.it never gave me any problems there and you're close to the battery just run the cables through the plastic above the gas tank and to the battery.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ive seen some of them mounted where the tool kit was and Ive also seen them at the rear like said above

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Just did mine on my 08 750 I didn't take any pictures but I mounted when sitting on the seat on the left side next to the air box it has enough room between the air box and the upper fender. Mount it on the frame I had extra U bolts so I put them around the frame right there at the back of the air box.

·
Registered
379 Posts
rear end..................

Put it on the rear..........to the right and under cover..........it will stay cooler.........Texas style............

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Put it on the rear..........to the right and under cover..........it will stay cooler.........Texas style............

Thanks guys...any pics???

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Could be.........

Thanks guys...any pics???
Page 8

http://warn.iwebcat.com/imgVD/WAR/70208A0-PN70207.pdf
He may be right! Living up north you may want to keep it warmer.....being installed right above the exhaust pipe. Aso you will get experience taking off and putting on the side panel, tray, front cover, etc.. ......Don't loose all those screws and remember where they go. :tup:

·
Registered
379 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
65 Posts
Since the battery terminals are hard to get to it makes it easier to hook up a trickle charger when its on the back bar also.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I finished. The controller is mounted to the left of the air box on the frame. I had to shorten the wires on all of the cables and install new terminal ends with shrink-tubing. The small 16 guage red wire is tapped into the accessory 12V brown lead for the bar-mounted rocker switch, so it only is energized when the key switch is "on". Mounted the rocker switch on the left bar end. Works sweet.....I'm sure it will come in handy someday.:eek: The only hitch was that the Dealer gave me a mounting plate for the older BF750. I had to swap it out for the new style. The "new" style BF has brackets on the frame for mounting the skids and front fairing. On the newer plate the tabs are located further towards the rear. Thanks again to all for the advise. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I mounted mine to the black cover under the handle bars. I have an 08 750i and a 3000# Venom winch. They suggested mounting the contact to the rear of the ATV, but I was worried about it getting wet. I've had mine on there for about a year and haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I mounted mine were the tool pouch was . I ripped out the rubber keeper strap.and screwed in but watch for the gas tank when drilling the holes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts