Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I didn't dwell on it too much after my return from the UK but you may have read that I reported my riding buddy (ex bro-in-law) had a heart attack while I was away. He's normally a very fit young looking 55 in good shape, doesn't smoke or drink apart from odd glass of wine, problem is even though he's also a healthy eater he suffers really high collesteral, its this that has caused the problem, one of his main arteries is blocked 90% and another two are blocked 70%, he's in a very bad way with no energy and loss of breath, yesterday he was admitted to the American Heart Institute and he's due for a BIG OP in the morning, I'm going to see him in a couple of hours time and truly hope the OP goes well tomorrow, he's been in my life for 35 out of 45 years of my life, he's more like a brother, he's just like one of us guys, a true petrol head, he's the one with the KTM 525, he also has a Hyabusa and a nice BMW 5 series.

I hope when I go and see him today it won't be for the last time :(

I so much want him to make a full recovery because I have to lay an a** whooping on that KTM of his.

Most of you guys know I'm not religious so all I will ask is give your thoughts to my No.1 riding buddy 'Chris'

·
Registered
90 Posts
May God be with you and your buddy Chris.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Good to see you back Andy....

hope your buddies op goes well...keep your head in it man...positive energy is where it's at.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Code:
 Most of you guys know I'm not religious so all I will ask is give your thoughts to my No.1 riding buddy 'Chris'
know what you mean!!

done!!

sure he will do well!!:D:D

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
good luck to your buddy hope all goes well.

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the thoughts guys, I've not long come back from the hospital, its 18.19 here now and he goes down to theatre at 8.00 tomorrow :(

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
maybe on the positive side, modern medicine is very advanced and can really do a lot to keep the human body going, and help it repair itself!!

sure all will be ok!!

a couple decades ago a hear by pass was big cut and a big issue, now days, its a simple operation and tiny cut!!

:D

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I'm sure Chris will be just fine one of the guys that works with me had a triple done last year and he is doing great.He was back to work in 3 months and now he drives truck.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
everything will be fine for your buddy andy:)my father had a triple bypass and a valve replaced last year,and he is better than ever.your friend will feel like a million bucks once he heals up...good luck

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Andy... suck it up for 3 seconds and say a short prayer. :p

Lord, please heal my best friend.

Not so hard. :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well after one hell of a long OP 8.00 - 14.30 I'm glad to say he's stable, he's still on a ventilator but they said they'll bring him off that in a few hours to see if he can breath unaided, I didn't go into too much detail but the reason I was so concerned is that he has a very rare problem where both arteries come off the same side of the heart and the mapping of all the other veins etc are not the usual pattern, they say this is very rare and only one in a million and only around 3% are diagnosed with this while alive, they only usually find it when its too late! :huh:

Anyway so far so good, I can't tell you how relieved I am, I mean the thought of losing him before my V put one over his KTM :rolleyes:

Joking aside I've been so stressed about this and can't wait to see him tomorrow, I'll be visiting him with one hell of a hangover, it's times like this I could do with Pinky as a drinking partner :D

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just to finish this thread off I'd like to thank you all once again for your kind words, it's been two days since the OP and it looks like everything's going to be fine, it'll be a while before we'll be riding but at least my V's going to have it's day by beating that KTM after all :D mind you I do have to get an exhaust as I haven't got one at the moment :eek:

Thanks again everyone :tup:

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
glad that you and the V are going to get your day!!!:p

meant, glad that your buddy is doing well!!!
sure all will be ok!! soon!!:tup::tup::D

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yup! just a matter of time and a Muzzy Super Pro! :D

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Glad he doing alot better...

·
Registered