·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
THEY ARE DONE!!!

ATV 650-1000cc

AND

TERYX RACE 840-1000cc

They are 48 grams and fully adjustable to about 65 grams, or I can have tungsten bolts made for more adjustability to about 75 grams but I don't see it necessary. but I think that'll encompass about all of the kawasaki atv's from 2002-2011.

I'm also working on a few more springs. like a 35/205 and some secondary springs rated same as or just a tiny hair stiffer than a stock Vforce for a replacment of older worn out springs. in the Vforce, prairie, twin peaks and the Arctic cats.

This will fit every clutch from 2002-2011. Even the wide pin 08 and up brute's and Teryx for race applications or V geared trans swaps.

they will feature screw in weight adjustment for Heel, Mid, and tip provisions So you can add and remove weight as many times you see necessary without pressing in and grinding out different rivets (frustrating and costly). Or stacking set screws up just to achieve a better heel weight transfer.

The kit is 225.00 for the normal width pin area clutches

249.00 for the wide weight pin clutches in the 08 and up brutes and Teryx's

John

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
more inovation from VFJ. keep it coming john...

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Dual curve..............my curiosity has been aroused!

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
Sounds good.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I will be purchasing this soon. Right now I am using EPI Maroon secondary on 29.5 swamplites and 12" ITP wheels.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
John, what will all come in the kit for a 2008 bf? weights and primary springs?

it all depends on what you got and what you want. stock, big tire, or BBK.

It's not going to be like some kits that give you a set spring that covers a wide variety of situations.

for the 08 bf you can get the weights and billet spacers alone.
you can get it as a kit, weights, spacers, primary and secondary spring.

primary spring I have many options. #1 thru#7. I have them listed at a sticky at the top of my forum page. They are both low stall and high stall setups.

Secondary I now have 4 secondarys.
one for stock tires I juast finished up this weekend. it's now called my VFJ#4 secondary.

it's Silver/red stripe. rated 120-220 For setups running 25-26 inch tires in IRS models or just a hair lighter top end but quite a bit stiffer out of the hole for better belt grip, engine brake, and improve top end speed.

It's an excellent spring for the Vforce as well running knobby or paddles, but not wanting the top end drop from the BF secondary or the next step stiffer EPI black

stock bf secondary is rated at a 80-245. it's less belt grip initially than my #4 but more on top. Fact is you never slip the belt on top it's out of the hole.

Or my original VFJ#1 secondary. which is stiffer than the Brute stocker. it is rated at 160-262 and will run aggressive 26-27-28 inch tires.

then there's my VFJ #2 secondary for 28-29.5 inch tires rated at 190-305 It's not a long spring like the EPI red or Yellow so there's no top end loss

and my stiffest the VFJ#3 secondary for 28-32 inch tires rated in at 200-340. also shorter length, progressive spring.

So you get a choice in my clutching. you can have an 840 with 32's or a stocker with 28's. I have the weights, springs, and setup that will do whatever you need.

John

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
How much difference will it make on a stock internal V with all the bolt ons?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hey John, this is what I wrote from another thread. Do you think the adjustable weights will help with this? What spring of yours is close to the Dalton o/b? I have AMR stock bore, standard Muzzy, MSD, 25" tires and I weigh 165 #. THANKS
I think that my 2008 brute "with standard bore kit" might need an adjustable clutch kit. It feels like it might be shifting out too early.FOR EXAMPLE: When I take off "on 1/4 mile asphalt", I have a lag off the line-then it spin the tires some-then when it gets rolling the rpm's get up good. I feels like it is starting off in too high of gear off the line, which sucks for short drags. WHAT DO YA'LL THINK?

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Finally finalized the weights and I'm going to start getting them all done. So I can officially say they are COMING SOON!:D

They will be 48 grams and fully adjustable to about 65 grams, or I can have tungsten bolts made for more adjustability to about 75 grams but I don't see it necessary. but I think that'll encompass about all of the kawasaki atv's from 2002-2011.

I'm also working on a few more springs. like a 35/205 and some secondary springs rated same as or just a tiny hair stiffer than a stock Vforce for a replacment of older worn out springs. in the Vforce, prairie, twin peaks and the Arctic cats.

This will fit every clutch from 2002-2011. Even the wide pin 08 and up brute's and Teryx for race applications or V geared trans swaps.

they will feature screw in weight adjustment for Heel, Mid, and tip provisions So you can add and remove weight as many times you see necessary without pressing in and grinding out different rivets (frustrating and costly). Or stacking set screws up just to achieve a better heel weight transfer.

If all goes well I should have them done by the end of January and ready to go.

They are a totally different weight and feature a Dual Curve, different than you've seen before.

This'll really bring up the holeshot power. And I think it will be under 200.00 B)

John
That's cool that your trying new stuff John, but how did you get around the dalton Patten on adjustable weights?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Dalton is not the only one with adjustable weights so is STM they make some very good weights also and they are adjustable I dont think it matters unless they are making and sell the same exact product under there name

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ray, If you read Dalton's website or have ever used their products, they have patented the "quick adjust" where you screw the set screw into the weight without removing it. It's even on their banner at the top of this page.

You're sounding like another Re-Todd I know of. :)

Mine, Unlike the Dalton, you bolt the weights into the side using varying mass hardware you can remove and install an unlimited amount of times. Dalton's you can rivet in to the side, if it didn't work you have to remove it with a hammer or grinder, Buy more, then try again. Everyone has a different profile, different mass, pin area making each weight unique. Therefore different.

the only way for me to infringe on patent, is for me to copy daltons Or anyone's exact setup, weight and dimensions. (Or use their quick adjust method) Like making a chinese copy.

Mine are not like ANYONE ELSES in any way, shape, or form. And they are also Getting patented.

You want to see a dalton copy look at the EPI Adjustable mass positioning weights. they use the same "quick adjust setup" but they are different profile making them unique.

Before you blab off nonsense, do some research first. Dalton's not the only one with adjustable weights on the market. Heel clicker, stm supertips, D&D, EPI, Thunder. there's many more than I can think of off the top of my head.

John

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No weights can be adjusted on the fly. You remove them and adjust and reinstall.

Weights that you can adjust when installed you can't adjust mid, tip, or heel individually . You can just stack weight on top of eachother so to add heel weight you first have to installed tip and mid screws first. By.that time you loaded the weight with full capacity and will under rev.

Mine you can add up to 6 grams heel, mid or tip in small increments. In any weight or configuration.

Its a real fully adjustable weight.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the profiles, got them cut, hardening process happening as we speak and working on hardware for the adjustments.

looks like next week they will be available.

I have no choice, my cost is going up slightly on my weights, but not very much. maybe . They are charging me way more than they originally stated to harden and the hardware cost of the special adjustment bolts for these costs me more than they do for the goddamn teryx and they are smaller. I will search another hardware supplier but at this time these work and fit.

48 gram adjustable to 57 gram with just 3 standard adjustment bolts, and you can stack up to 3- 1 gram washers under each bolt takes them to 66 gram.

the Teryx weights are 66 gram to 80 gram.

so I have all the weight aspects covered in these 2 adjustable weight setups.

I'll post up when they are ready.

No they aren't for sale just yet and I'm not taking ANY money. I have made 100 weights on this first run. 25 sets

John

·
Registered
499 Posts
These sound identical to the "Heelclicker weights" I have in my Sportsman. They are awesome in there. So much adjustability. Never have to buy weights again and know that with every mod you do, you can tune the clutch weights pretty easily. Nice job John!

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
how much are these gonna be John?

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
These are done. however the bushings Inner diameter I have here are loose on the pin. I have new smaller ID bushings coming in prob Wednesday. Then they are ready to go.

The weights are going to be 225.00 They fit directly in any 2002-2012 with the standard weights (not wide pin weights I have spacers for them read below)

for the 08 Brute's and Race apps in a Teryx, up they come with the 4 wide pin area Billet spacers 249.00.

It's simple to tune them in as you can stack any correct sized washer up to 4 under the weight bolt and still have spider clearance. so there is infinate adjusability up to 65+ grams. and as low as 48 grams. as well as having tip mass, mid mass and base pin mass adjustability

They'll be ready next week by friday for sure.

John

1 - 20 of 44 Posts