Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
Those have quite a different profile that the stock weights or Daltons. What is the benefit of the flatter profile?

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Those have quite a different profile that the stock weights or Daltons. What is the benefit of the flatter profile?
Dual profile hits hard off the line and FLAT profile holds belt grip to the tip.

unlike the stock, dalton, or especially EPI. they are flatter and shiftout more linear with the lighter mass. curved weights act heavier and loose belt grip mid and top end when cruising.

The lump at the bottom makes for a fast, solid belt to sheave grip so holeshot and 60 foot times are decreaced. no slippage.

the weight tip height is also increaced to decreace belt to sheave gap.

You'll also notice how I curved the weight distribution adjustment holes. it adds more effective force to increace belt grip low end when tip weight is added.

they are also fully adjustable in many ways.

I have been running a set in my Bruteforce 750. it's totally stock with a muzzy pro, CDI and stage 3 spidermod clutch. You'd think there was a standard bore kit in there. it dyno's out at 49 rwhp bone stock internals with a 7200 rpm shiftout and ZERO stall.

you can also easily install any thinner washer combo under it so adjusting it is extremely easy and inexpensive. the washers I have are 1.45 gram. the bolts are 2.53 gram. weights are 48.04 gram and all matched to the 100th of a gram in matched sets of 4

I've done all my homework on these. they are the MOST versatile weight kit (not to mention the least expensive and easiest to adjust) on the market today for the kawasaki v-twins.

John

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
THEY ARE DONE!!!

ATV 650-1000cc

AND

TERYX RACE 840-1000cc

They are 48 grams and fully adjustable to about 65 grams, or I can have tungsten bolts made for more adjustability to about 75 grams but I don't see it necessary. but I think that'll encompass about all of the kawasaki atv's from 2002-2011.

I'm also working on a few more springs. like a 35/205 and some secondary springs rated same as or just a tiny hair stiffer than a stock Vforce for a replacment of older worn out springs. in the Vforce, prairie, twin peaks and the Arctic cats.

This will fit every clutch from 2002-2011. Even the wide pin 08 and up brute's and Teryx for race applications or V geared trans swaps.

they will feature screw in weight adjustment for Heel, Mid, and tip provisions So you can add and remove weight as many times you see necessary without pressing in and grinding out different rivets (frustrating and costly). Or stacking set screws up just to achieve a better heel weight transfer.

The kit is 225.00 for the normal width pin area clutches

249.00 for the wide weight pin clutches in the 08 and up brutes and Teryx's

John
These are done. however the bushings Inner diameter I have here are loose on the pin. I have new smaller ID bushings coming in prob Wednesday. Then they are ready to go.

The weights are going to be 200.00 They fit directly in any 2002-2012 with the standard weights (not wide pin weights I have spacers for them read below)

for the 08 Brute's and Race apps in a Teryx, up they come with the 4 wide pin area Billet spacers 225.00.

It's simple to tune them in as you can stack any correct sized washer up to 4 under the weight bolt and still have spider clearance. so there is infinate adjusability up to 65+ grams. and as low as 48 grams. as well as having tip mass, mid mass and base pin mass adjustability

They'll be ready next week by friday for sure.

John
So what is the actual price for these weights? $200 or $225? I see both prices.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
they are 225.00 for atv's excluding 2008 and up wide pin are weights they are 24.00 more

at that price. I'm only making about 25.00 I had too much money and time invested in making these. The hardware costs me about the same as the weight for these special stainless bolt and washer setup. Hardening costs went up, hardware costs are out of this world expensive and the special fiber bushings cost me damn near 10.00 per weigtht to have made up

if they are running in a 2008 and up Teryx or Brute 750. they are 249.00 as they include the billet spacers.

Refer to the original post in this thread for correct pricing.

I wanted them to come in at a lower cost. but I just couldn't do it.

compare them to any other brand fully adjustable weights that come too heavy to adjust the way it is. you'll see these are quite a deal for the broad range of mass they cover.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Update. all my weights are 200.00 all makes and models are the same prices now. 200.00

These are in reference to my new G2 atv race weights

I have been reluctant to update this as some wanted weight measurements.

New g2 weights and fasteners are as follows.

Here are the pics of the weights, washers, and adjustment bolts

do the math accordingly.

and turn your head sideways:p

·
Registered
363 Posts
Did I not read somewhere that this stuff is a hobby of yours? Jesus John! If this is a hobby I'd hate to see what you actually do for work. Looks like your hobby has grown a mind of it's own. This may be a dumb question but if I'm changing my spring rate to compensate for mods, what's the point of adjustable weights? Just to fine tune? For someone like me who just rides for fun, doesn't race or go through mud, would I notice a big difference just driving my wheeler around? Great looking kit by the way and a smoking price for what you have into it.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
When you are at the clutch and ready to adjust, you pull the clutch off and adjust it. which should take you an additional 60 seconds. 1 crank bolt, 1 puller tool and it's off.

you don't have to take the primary apart, but you will have to pull the weights to get to the fasteners.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I Just got done another 30 sets of these.

For those that were waiting to get them done.

I'll do 200 for the complete weight kit setup WITH FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING.

guaranteed gains over your current weight setup or your money back!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
I haven't seen a lot of feedback yet on these but I am still interested.

If I tell you my setup can you give me a suggested starting point? I don't care about top speed. I want it to hit hard out of the hole (on wet sand with 26" Blaster paddles and be good for 500'-1000'.

If I had a good setup for the above, would normal riding suffer or just feel "punchier" on the bottom?

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
it responds all over faster and hits harder. I already sold about 75-80 sets of these new style weights

over stock weights, these were good for nearly 1/2 a second in the 1/4 mile.

they aren't about top end. it just happens to get there better. Plus you get lower cruising rpm's even though the weights can be set lighter than stock as the profile is flatter on top

you would run the weights about 55.5 grams and you can adjust them from there if needed. heavier if you need less rpm or lighter down to 46 gram (but it'd prob rev out 9500 rpm)

I run mine at 48 grams in my 715 and I shiftout at 8450

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Yes. they are 200.00 for the setup.

I have about 50+ sets in stock. I have the std, and the race.

New Teryx 2/4 750cc/800cc weights for the wet clutches will be done in a few more weeks. Prob after January 1st.

·
Registered
70 Posts

New Teryx 2/4 750cc/800cc weights for the wet clutches will be done in a few more weeks. Prob after January 1st.
ok what's the difference between the standard and race?

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

mass and weight profile. I'd tell you what you'd need based on your mods. or everyone would be buying the "race"

·
Registered
70 Posts

mass and weight profile. I'd tell you what you'd need based on your mods. or everyone would be buying the "race"
well my mods are not much. Just an exhaust and the air box mod. I really like the idea of the adjustable weights though. Be pretty trick to adjust them depensing on what kind of riding I will be doing. So would I just need the standard? No other engine mods in my future.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
19 Participants
VFORCEJOHN
Kawasaki ATV Forum
KawieRiders.com is the largest Kawasaki ATV owner's forum with information for the Kawasaki KFX700, Brute Force, Prairie, Bayou, Mojave, Lakota and older model Kawasaki ATV's!
Full Forum Listing