Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time ever tearing HTV apart myself I'm going to bed together myself I was O2 650 prairie I bought as a fixer up

the frame is rusted out but I purchased 1 online for reasonable price that was in great condition

Now I need to swap everything from the tires to the handlebars from the motor to the swing arm to this other crane and I have no idea where to start to ask questions so I guess I'll start by I need help with the swing arm removal and also front diff removal someone told me you was spring-loaded I just want to know if any of you all out there to help me if so it will be be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
5,289 Posts
First thing you should have is a shop manual. Second thing...I do hope that new frame came with a title because it's the VIN that's stamped on the frame that's titled. All that is bolted onto it are just parts....and parts is just parts so start with the engine and drive train, then wiring harness.. then work up from there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right on right on. Well I am making sure before I tear it all part and be left with questions and before I do something that I supposed to do a certain way example being timing or carburetor and head gasket replacement

·
Registered
750 Posts
sometimes the brake lines are routed through other things.
so if the brakes are good and you do not have to open the system try to take them off intact, to to take off complete.
this may require you to cut mounting tabs off the old frame.
if you have to do this to the replacement and good with welder try that also.
i have done it twice to save a few dollars.

take pictures of plugs/connectors.
the ignition on some models has the same ends and can be plugged in wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts