Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i fit 28x10x12 tires on the front of a 02 650 without a lift or anything else?

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Yep, I have 28" gators on mine with stock wheels, the will just barely touch the front bumper when turned all the way right

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do you like the gators?

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
They work pretty good in the mud and don't ride to rough, If I were to buy another set I think I would get some 589s or executioners. They work better in the rocks and roots then the gators.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you have 28x10x12's all the way around? do you have a lot of power loss with the 28's?

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I have ran both 26 and 27" executioners they are a grate tire.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
I have 28x10x12 on front and 28x12x12 on the rear. You definatly lose some power and speed but it will turn them no problem, especially with a clutch kit. Mine would still wheelie in low range with the 28"

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a set of 28x10.5x12 Swamplites that I would not mind using on my 700 Prairie but don't know if a 2" lift is required or what.I really do not want to cut the plastics or mess with the floor boards.Are spacers a must with the stock wheels.Sorry I am just coming off a Grizzly with IRS so the Prairie is a new beast.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have a set of 28x10.5x12 Swamplites that I would not mind using on my 700 Prairie but don't know if a 2" lift is required or what.I really do not want to cut the plastics or mess with the floor boards.Are spacers a must with the stock wheels.Sorry I am just coming off a Grizzly with IRS so the Prairie is a new beast.
Swamplites measure way bigger than any tire I've seen. My sisters 27s on her Big Bear were just as tall as my 29.5 laws with 5psi in all tires. You may need a lift, just depends.

I loved my old 28 gators, they are a real good riding tire. I now have 25s.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What about 28x12's in the back. Will they bump or rub anything when riding.

·
Registered
787 Posts
With stock rims, they will rub the gas tank guard. With aftermarket rims they will be fine.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Me and three other friends are running 28 inch 589's on our o2 650 prairies.12 inch wide in rear and 10 inch in front.Threre will be some rubbing in the front when turning with the suspension compressed but the rears was fine.We all ended up doing the lift kit and have had no problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
does the 2in lift with the 28's put an extreme angle on the front axles? I was gonna do a lift but didnt want to have to replace the axles. Ive looked at the highlifter lift springs and those say you should gain an inch. would that be enough to keep the front from rubbing?

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
i run 28" mudlights as my do it all tires. and 30" silverbacks for mudracing on the P700. all bolt on power mods. stock internals and with some VFJ clutch mods. my p700 hangs in there with much larger more tuned up machines. i may not have the topend speed but i make up for it in the lowend midrange power.

·
Premium Member
2,401 Posts
O i forgot to note, i have 2" super atv lift, and 1.5" wheelspacers. and trimmed floor boards. and i got stock cv axles with over 5000K miles on them of hard riding.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts