Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This snapped off yesterday. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it besides buying a whole new cable and routing it up into the park brake lever?
Green Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Electrical wiring

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's gone. Toss it..get a new one. Or pull it and go to a motorcycle shop that builds their own cables and have them put a new cable in the old sheath..but that will cost more then a complete new cable so...just get a new one.
Yeah, you're right. A new cable is only like $30 and I can install it way faster than waiting for a motorcycle shop to mend the old one. And at today's shop rates, it would probably cost three times that.

·
Super Moderator
5,384 Posts
Yeah, you're right. A new cable is only like $30 and I can install it way faster than waiting for a motorcycle shop to mend the old one. And at today's shop rates, it would probably cost three times that.
Years ago when I put that Power Steering unit on mine I needed the diff-loc cable a few inches longer and had to have it made. Cost almost twice as much as a new OE cable but I was stuck...the OE was just too short so..I had no choice. At least it was all new and had a teflon coated cable inside. Did work nice :)

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the new cable installed this evening. It took less than thirty minutes. Works great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts