Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a section from the local quad website (translated from French to English, thanks Google):

Wearing the helmet is mandatory at all times and places, even on private property.
The fine for this offence is $ 150 + $ 70 in court costs.

Allowing a passenger who has taken a seat on a part of the vehicle that does not have room for a passenger will be fined $ 1,000 + $ 279 in court costs. (For example, sit a child in front of you or on one of the luggage racks).

Driving on trails without a left-hand mirror or with the headlights off results in fines of $ 150 + $ 70 in court costs.

These examples are just a few of the sections of the Off-Road Vehicle Act.

BTW If you have a quad with 2nd seat added, you must take a course to comply with the law.

Are there any interesting regulations where you operate?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I’m the new guy here, but I’m not understanding this post. But there are no rules on private property, or mirrors here in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m the new guy here, but I’m not understanding this post. But there are no rules on private property, or mirrors here in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I apologise, I wasn't clear in what I posted.

I'm new too.

The rules that I posted are for the Laurentides (Laurentians) area in Quebec, Canada.
The rules apply on private land (but most people ignore it) and trails (riders follow this part).

https://www.laurentides.com/en/region

The best way I can describe it - "Quebec does things its own way". To an outsider like me, it seems like the Quebecers make laws so they can ignore them, this shows their "independence".

I prefer the rules in Texas :laugh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts