Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand New Mule SE ...I'm 6'3+"s and as you can imagine I have to almost sit sideways to use the Gas/Brake...any of you big Guys come up with a mod to give a little more leg room??
Yes before I bought I should of asked, but I figured a vehicle this expensive will have a seat adjustment..LOL...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the delay in answering..But the Virus grabbed me...OK now...
But my invoice says for a model number..
KAF400JMFnMULE SX..

Thanks..

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ok you have the SX model, there were up grade SE and XC versions, but that did nothing for the size/pedal layout.
I think this is the smallest Mule model.
I hated how the steering wheel was almost dead center and the pedals were offset to the center on my 2510, but it was a 1996, not many choices then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Loads for the return ..You mean that other 2021 models of the basic Mule may have different locations for the brake and accelerator??
I really cannot understand hope a company as large as "K", could never realize that big guys would also drive such...
Now I wonder upon inspection if a state MVD would license a Mule SX..for street use. I'llbet my insurance company would not insure it ..label it as unfit for driving...when the transition from and to the two pedals is a problem..??
Gee what if the Feds got ahold of this and pushed for a fix-it recall..???

·
Registered
185 Posts
There are other models of the SC, but no bigger. The Mule 4010 is a little bigger, the Mule Pro MX a little bigger yet. Finally the Mule Pro F or D series is the biggest. F series are FX, FXR, & FXT. The D series are diesel powered, DX & DXT. You might want to try an MX, or FX for size.
Kawasaki does not certify for on road use. So the Feds will not get involved. I doubt your state or insurance company will certify for street use.
My county allows ATVs and UTVs to drive on the road, but with severe restrictions, much like areas that allow golf carts on the roads. We are limited to 25mph, must have lights on, not operate after dark, AND are considered AT FAULT if involved in an accident.
I would look at trading your SC for a larger Mule.
I had a 1996 2510, back when the only choices were golf carts and the 6 wheeled JD Gator. I bought an F series Mule, much more machine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What about cutting the floor plate in two and welding in a 8" extention..Bet the car customize shops could do it..?? .Saw a golf car at the airport that was extended 10 feet....and it rode great!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
if you get creative enough you can figure it out.

I think the easiest solution here is to raise the seat a little, but that's just my idea.

i have the same problem, Bill...but I'm 5" taller than you are. I worked on these things day in and day out for 29.5 years. Now at a polaris dealer....I must say, Polaris is MUCH more comfortable!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts