Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one played with foot peg placement yet? I ve had in the past with my quads, lowered an inch and and moved back a inch with the pegs (LT500, TRX250 DS650) seemed to help handling and riding comfort.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Moving the pegs might be a little tough, not much room on the frame to move them. You could probably modify the pegs easier. IMO, a good set of pegs (like the IMS with kickups) or peg extensions (like the Pro-Armor Maximizers) are a better idea. Then work with the position of the handlebars for comfort. I've got a +1" stem, and a set of 2" Rox pivoting risers. It works best for me with the bars back and a little higher than stock.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
now theres a great idea!!

self would move it forward and maybe a little down!!
why down?? would allow the legs to be a little straighter, when sitting, and back to be more upright when standing without having to do any thing to handle bars or handle mounts!!

why forward?? would help with the legs straight issue, witch our Vs are already better then most other quads, and would help with keeping weight on the front to keep the node down!!

however self would use the mounting points and just build pegs that do what I need!! forward and down!!

thanx for the great idea!!:D:D
cool!!;)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well forward would work out for you undersized people, but us large and fluffy types need them back a bit, also noticed on my other quads with the pegs back a bit it was easier to throw the rear end around

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Well forward would work out for you undersized people, but us large and fluffy types need them back a bit, also noticed on my other quads with the pegs back a bit it was easier to throw the rear end around

Think I'm under sized, (at least on this forum), I would rather have pegs forward---Bars a little not as wide and bars a little higher and coming in to me more.

Kenny

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is a good thread. One of my biggest arguements with quad riders is riders position. I have been riding dirt bike, MX, trails. sand, street, for 40+ years. And as my hero Jeremy McGrath points out, you must maintain attack position. On a two wheeler, this is an easy concept, 'on the tank, elbows out'. On a 4 wheeler I am still struggling with the body positions. I have played with foot peg position on dirt bikes with great success. When I suggested this idea to an ex-quad racer, he said it was silly because the quad was all about the body english. Granted, this guy out weighs me by at least 50 pounds and has a lot more english to throw around. Has anyone actually played with the foot peg placement for improving the rider position?

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I agree this is a good thread...
I am the opposite of most around here though...
I have VERY limited bike experience...quad or cycle...
I agree peg placement could be a good area for customization...
my problem is I really need someone more experienced to tell me where I should be sitting for maximum control...
Coming from four wheel seated (automotive) style offroad driving experience...
I feel as if I'm "riding" the quad...
as opposed to being part of it....
I've always been able to quickly become "one" with whatever I've gotten behind the wheel of...
and BMX was the last thing I "drove" with handlebars...
I'm sure Dvader and others will help me once we get together...
so for now I'm leaving everything stock.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts