Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Mojave 250
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a few issues with my project I picked up.
1: I removed clutch cover to inspect/replace clutch. I found an external snap ring and two thin washers. any idea where they came from? I can’t see anything in he service manual/ parts diagram yet.

2: shit ton of metal shavings (coarse) in bottom of cover, in oil filter, in oil screen. Had previously removed valve cover and found intake cam wear, but not this bad. I had it running and drove well, very fast in my opinion.

·
Registered
2002 Mojave 250
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, found it. Behind the clutch, the three gears for the kickstart. One is missing the retaining ring. My next question is that gear and the next one that is on the clutch gear, the bushings have a ton of play. That’s bad right? Asking for a friend. I think the metal came from the back of the clutch also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not much action here.. Looks like idlegear wobble mine had too.

Good luck on the gear. They are 100.00+ and not made any more.

I found one on ebay in great shape with all other kicker gears for 60.00.

I have a clutch basket if u need one

·
Registered
2002 Mojave 250
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, once I reinstalled everything they are tight within the mesh of the other gears. I am going to run it like that. Kick start seemed smoother now. My clutch was in good shape, frictions still healthy, found my cable is bad. At least I discovered this and fixed it, so it wasn’t for nothing. Now to get some gaskets and a cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts