Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had these kicking around for a rainy day, but it doesnt look like i will be getting another kawie for a while.. the cams are the old style fundy race, and the pistons are 88mm FST that were only used for a few dyno runs, 11 or 11.5:1.. everything is in great shape, no pitting on the cams, pistons are clean with rings and wrist pins.. $350 shipped..

·
Registered
274 Posts
How much for just the pistons? In a 750 brute, the 88mm will make it a what cc?

·
Registered
274 Posts
pics?

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
thats a good price for both.... brutus it would make it an 800... your 750 has the same crank as the prairie and vforce.... your bore is the only difference....

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks VT. Can someone explain the "old style" cams. Also, is going to an 800 that much different than std bore. I am trying to justify spending the extra 400-500$(maybe i can get it cheaper) to bore and replate the cylinders

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
going to the 800 makes a big difference in bottom end over the 750.. i went from a 750 std bore to an 820, everything else remained the same and the difference was night and day..

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks man, the 500$ bore and renickel is whats worrying me. Also why did I just sit their for 5 min watching the video in your sig over and over?!! Its so damn addictive I cant quit!!!!

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks man, the 500$ bore and renickel is whats worrying me. Also why did I just sit their for 5 min watching the video in your sig over and over?!! Its so damn addictive I cant quit!!!!

because its fun watching bisping get knocked out.. too bad thats hendersons last fight in the ufc :mad:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts

because its fun watching bisping get knocked out.. too bad thats hendersons last fight in the ufc :mad:
I haven't heard about this, why is that Hendo's last fight?

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I haven't heard about this, why is that Hendo's last fight?

dana wouldnt pay him what he wanted so he signed with someone else.. he figured he was close to the end of his career in mma so he might as well get payed.. rampage is done soon also..

·
Premium Member
10,243 Posts
Do you have any idea how these race cams compare to FST Stage 2 cams? Would they be a good all-around for trail & occasional drag race?

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i really dont know but from what i understand they are similar to the stg 2s, maybe a little more agressive.. hopefully someone that has used both will chime in.. thats what i was going to do with them, hill climbing, trail and occasional race.. i may be getting my hands on another smahed V so they may be off the market soon if they dont sell..

·
Registered
274 Posts
pics?

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i will try to get some pics tomorow..

·
Premium Member
10,243 Posts
OK, I was asking because I had bought some FST Stage 1 cams (WEB 504's) but I am thinking I want bigger cams instead. Do you need to do any head mods to make those race cams work? Can you run stock rockers? I realize either would need valve springs.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
No you wont have to do head work for the Fundy race cams. Only cams I know of that require head work are Glenns 4X cams. The fundy race cams are going to perform best at mid and top end. You will lose some torque running bigger cams.

·
Premium Member
10,243 Posts
I have pretty much decided that I want to sell these FST Stage 1 cams and get something different. It sounds like these are not the right ones for me either then. I do some short (300') drag races, a lot of dune riding, and some trail riding (mostly wide open trails) but I really want to get the right cam for the most power in up to a 500' race. The rest will probably be fine with whatever cam I get. Sounds like I may have to get some FST Stage 2 cams.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
$300 shipped for cams and pistons, no cores, or $200 for cams, $100 pistons...

i also have a set of 87mm pistons and cylenders, cylenders need to be re sleeved $100 shipped .. jugs were off of a 700 origionally

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
will these cams work with the fundy stock bore 750 pistons? and the valve springs for the race/trail cams or would i need more springs?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts