Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was riding yesterday at my house with some other guys! my buddies have those lil 450s 660s and such i noticed when they grab the front brake hard it will endo! basically back wheels come off the ground, noticed mine wouldnt! i just got new pads and was wondering why i didnt have the same stopping power orrr since ours are heavier are they nt meant to stop like that thanks

·
Registered
717 Posts
You'll gain about twice the stopping power if you switch to front stainless steel brake lines. Those stock lines suck, then once they get hot they are even worse. You can pick up stainless lines pretty cheap too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wherecanu get the stainless lines at

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I have stainless steel on mine that Chris installed and if you grabbed them hard enough believe me you might find yourself in a sitution you don't want to find yourself in. But with mine like I said you would deffinately have to grab them hard and fast.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I agree stainless lines will help, but our bikes are pigs in the weight dept.

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
My stainless lines are definately better braking, but you'd have to resist some major G's in order to stay on our pigs long enough to do a stoppie.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Where can i buy the stainless brake lines? I would like to do that upgrade.

Thanks!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i checked out those lines that pretty cheap i am assumming i expected more! is there anything else i might need for that set up? or just switch lines and im good? thanks

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Switch the lines and properly bleed thte system and it will do stoppies all day long
Not saying anything to anyone, But I'd like to see some V stoppies. I have my brakes optimized as can be and I've hammered the fronts before. Not once did I feel like that boat anchor of a rear was coming off the ground. Not saying it can't be done, but I'd like to see it. I also want to see the practice runs where bodies go over handlebars:confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
I can easily do a stoppie on mine

There is a member on here that has an avatar of him doing a stoppie dont recall who it is though ???

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did a un-intentional stoppie on mine with the stock front lines. And I have the bone spur in my shoulder to prove it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts