Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Operates fine and the 4WD works fine but the front diff whine is annoying. I check the oil level and it was good, notice it look thin like motor oil. Check spec, that is what it take a 10w-40w weight oil. Has anyone tried a heavier oil to quiet down the noise?

·
Super Moderator
4,512 Posts
Kawasaki front diffs make no noise when all is in spec even with the lightest of oils. Now the transmissions do...always have. I suspect you have a failing pinion or carrier bearing causing a ring/pinion alignment problem making it whine. Consider it a warning and take action now before a full replacement becomes necessary.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Mine sounds like a jet when I get moving. The faster I go, the higher the pitch. Likely a bearing but I’ve not had time to take the diff out to fix it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow. I've read that a front end whine even for a new 4WD Brute was somewhat normal. Going to have to dig deeper on this.

·
Super Moderator
12,578 Posts
What are you guys talking about?
The whining/supercharger noise is the straight cut gears in the transmission. They've all been like that since 2002.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine whines like a jet turbine throttling down when I let off the throttle. But does it in 2wd or 4wd. Just the sounds of the engine/belt/tranny. Never paid no mind to it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are you guys talking about?
The whining/supercharger noise is the straight cut gears in the transmission. They've all been like that since 2002.
This could be what I'm hearing but it always seemed it was the front diff making the noise. I"m going to get all 4 wheels off he ground and run it and make sure where it is coming from.
Thank Guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts