Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to replace my 2510 Mule.
I am down to either a Pro MX or Pro FX/FXT/FXR

I know the MX is few inches narrower.

I am looking for seat width (side to side) measurement of an MX and any of FX series.
I want to be able to have 3 in the front at times. 馃應

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply Jeremy (y):)
The seat on my 2510 Mule is 42". No doors, but between the "loops" on the roll cage is 47"
It looks like an MX will gain me 3" and the FX will gain me 11" for seat and 13" overall.
On my 2510 the park brake is beside the seat on the left and that takes up 4-5"
Thanks again!
Now I just have to talk myself into the greater cost of the FX series.

Registered
I went from a 2510 to a FXT in 2018. Huge difference. You'll have no problem fitting 3 people in the front and 3 in the back. There are even 6 seat belts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Even if the seat on a MX was wide enough, it would be very uncomfortable for whoever sat in the middle as that is where the seat belts fasten

Registered
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Even if the seat on a MX was wide enough, it would be very uncomfortable for whoever sat in the middle as that is where the seat belts fasten
You are right! I had a chance to see the MX in person. A little too small for 3 across and those seat belt buckles are up on stalks.

Next I looked at the FX. I liked the seating, but it's too long!
Then I saw an FXR, much better, a foot shorter! (y) But a lot more $$$ (n):cry:. It listed for $3000 more than the MX EPS. I asked the salesman why so much more. He said, painted hood/grill, better seat, rear bumper, aluminum wheels, bigger tires.
I wish they made a bare bones FXR, the only things I want are power steering and the roof (roof can easily be added to bare bones edition)

Are you listening Kawasaki?! :sleep: Put steel wheels and standard size tires on it, standard seat, drop the rear bumper, and roof. No fancy paint. Keep the EPS. Then price it below the FX EPS (y)(y)

I am hoping with the summer almost over, and 2021s already coming out, the dealers will start discounting.
Salesman said the 2020 MX EPS has a $1250 rebate and the 2020 FXR only a $500 rebate. That makes the FXR $3750 more :eek:. I think they wanted more for freight too :mad:

Registered
If you can wait until winter you'll find much better discounts. I picked up a 2018 FXR when they first came out and the discount then was $2K. I've seen that number many times since, but only in the winter. It's a nice machine.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I priced a 2020 FXR. It started at $14,999, was marked down to $13,599 including current $500 off. By the time they were done, it was up to $15,558 OTD. This is with 6% sales tax. There were no accessory add ons. They did not give me a break down, only quickly showed my a print out and pointed to the bottom line. They did not give me the print out.
So with a $2K discount, I am guessing they will jack it up to $15K OTD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts