Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TESTING THE WATERS....

I recently sent off my Twin Peaks FST 800 cylinders and AMR ported heads to Millenium to be decked and lightly honed and I also ordered a new set of rings and head gaskets for it. The thought just occurred to me that when I get everything back, I'll basically have a FST 800 kit with a freshened top-end...all ready to be bolted in.

Just curious if anyone out there is interested in buying this FST 800 top-end with FST stage 3 cams and AMR ported heads (OR perhaps the entire motor) in exchange for some cash plus your STOCK prairie or BF650sra motor?

Let me know if anyone is interested. If someone wants this deal, I'm thinking I can return my twin peaks to stock and sell it...then start all over on a V-force build.

Happy trails...:)

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I have a 100% bone stock 05 650 engine with 950 miles on it. What are you looking to get in a trade?

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends what all you want included in the trade. If you want to swap motor for motor only (no carbs, no airbox, no clutches, no intakes, no CDI, no exhaust, etc.), I'm looking to get $1200 plus a good running stock motor and we both pay our own shipping cost.

IMO, this price is a GREAT BARGAIN given the fact that the FST 800 kit cost me approx. $1500 (including machine work to press in the sleeves and install the HD valve springs) plus the AMR porting cost was approx. $600 plus the custom-made lightened flywheel that cost me approx. $200 plus the YFZ Catch Can mod and oil-based hoses/connectors cost almost $100. Basically, I'm offering a half-price deal for this FST 800 kit with Stage 3 cams and AMR ported heads.

I can also sell other performance parts to go with this motor for additional cost including:

36mm carbs with stock airbox modified to fit the top,
FST intakes,
Dyna PROGRAMMABLE cdi,
LTE dual exhaust,
VFJ Stage 4 primary clutch,
Lightened Secondary clutch,
etc.

·
Registered
79 Posts
how much for lightened secondary and 36mm carbs? and would you take trades for stock along with cash difference

·
Registered
164 Posts
What do you want for the carbs ????

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry fella's. I'm NOT interested in parting out anything until the motor or big bore kit is sold. If I can't sell the motor or bbk, I'll just keep it and add nitrous. :D

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
stock valves?

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, stock valves.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
mikey just doesnt want to race my V840 without a good excuse like " well im running a stock internals"

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Randy,
I'm just trying to "de-tune" my twin peaks so that it will be a fair race against your SLOW v-force!!! LOL j/k :D

Craig,
PM sent.

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
* * * LAST CHANCE * * * to buy this FST 800 bbk and AMR heads!!!

I just got the pistons and cylinders back from Millenium today (everything looks great), so all I'm waiting on now is the headgaskets & rings. Hopefully, I will get those parts soon and start the rebuild process this weekend (unless someone buys this kit first).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts