Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have a set of FST cams I'd like to sale. I'm not 100% sure what stage they are. I was told they were stage 1 but I;m getting 83-85 MPH (no bull) out of my 665 and they pull super hard in the mid range so my guess they are stage 2. They have very few hours on them and still have some of the paint or whatever is put on the cams when there new. There still in my 665 so I don't have pictures. I can guarantee there still in brand new condition. $200 shipped plus 3% for paypal fees. I don't need cores I already have a set. Only reason for selling is because I'm going with the new mach 3 CWR 418 cams.

I take that back I have a video of the cams in my bike here you go.

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
Maybe you can tell which ones you have by these pics.
Stage 3's on the left,stage 1's on the right. The second pic is a stage 2 cam.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that's very interesting. The stage 3 has a fatter lob witch will in return holding the valve open longer giving the engine more air and more topend. I did not know this. Thanks for the pix snow.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I think that's called duration. Too much can hurt bottom end though.
Race cams with high duration make up for it in mid and upper RPM's but aren't great for trail riding.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
I'll take them. I might as well start putting together parts for a BBK kit one of these days. Are aftermarket valve springs required with these cams? I guess I should say, are YOU running aftermarket valve springs with them?

PM me with your PayPal email address.

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
You should upgrade the springs no matter which ones they are.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Gotcha! :tup:

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
Glenn can hook you up with them at a great price.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll take them. I might as well start putting together parts for a BBK kit one of these days. Are aftermarket valve springs required with these cams? I guess I should say, are YOU running aftermarket valve springs with them?

PM me with your PayPal email address.
Awesome! yes you need to run HD springs with these cams. I got my first set from Glenn for $100 plus shipping. He sales Kibblewhite springs. PM-ing you now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts