Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a used pair of FST Stage 1 cams for sale. They are in perfect condition with minimal use and are dated 04/08 & 03/08. Per Mickey @ FST, these are the same cams as the Web Cams 504 grind (Web part #60-461). I bought these from 05-BF-750 to use with my BBK build but have decided to go with bigger cams. He had told me that they made quite a difference in his Brute 665. Other than that, I can't really offer any info about these cams because I haven't used them myself. Web Cam Inc. - Performance and Racing Camshafts / Kawasaki KFX 700 VForce (05-09) SOHC 8v Timing Card

$210 shipped with no core return needed

I accept PayPal and ship by FedEx.

Here are some photos of the cams.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Yes, these cams are a huge diff over stock cams. I was running cams with shelf wiseco's and full muzzy exhaust.

·
Premium Member
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys!

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
DIBBS!!!!! I want um! Ed3

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hey Twyztid if GarDog doesn't take these I will. Just let me know.

·
Premium Member
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DIBBS!!!!! I want um! Ed3
PM sent!

Hey Twyztid if GarDog doesn't take these I will. Just let me know.
Sh!t... so much interest... maybe I should have had a higher selling price! :lol:

I'll let you know if something changes but as of right now they're GarDog's pending payment.

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
Sh!t... so much interest... maybe I should have had a higher selling price! :lol:

I'll let you know if something changes but as of right now they're GarDog's pending payment.
haha....you can always come down, it's a little hard to raise it after the fact :p

·
Premium Member
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cams sold to GarDog!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Yea when I first listed these cams I almost put $175 but thought to myself why not try $200. I to wish I would have put a higher starting price when I sold them to you twyztid. Bet they would have sold for $250.

Now get ahold of Greg at CWR and get you a set of 418 cams. These cams f-ing ROCK!

·
Premium Member
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am getting some used FST Stage 2's with valve springs from Mickey at a really good price.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I'm done with the web cams untill they can sort out there flaking issue. The hardening used on there lobes is a spray weld and is only .001-.002 thick. CWR cams on the other hand there hardening is around .005-.007 thick they do not use the spray weld no flaking issue's with CWR cams. Plus the new CWR 418 cams pull from start to finish like you wouldn't believe. AWESOME CAM!!

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
OHHHH GOOOD...now they tell me AFTER paid for um there are issues with flaking......maybe these will be o.k. since thay are used, and broken in....if they were going to flake, they would've showed signs by now, right?
05-BF-750...how much time did you put on these, approx...what was your setup, besides the weisco's and muzzy? Do you think it's worth putting them in the setup I have now in my sig? Will I need new/heavier valve springs?

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I'm not sure why the post from a couple above had anything to do with the sale of these cams....but anyway.

I've had 3 sets of cams made by Web and no flaking....hundreds of other people have also not had any issue. yes there have been some cams that have had some flaking issues, but Its far from the majority.

As far as I know, Web, FST, or Fundy has stood behind any cam problems and had them repaired.

These stage 1s look perfect, if they are used and didn't flake, they probably never will.

·
Premium Member
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Bandaman. Yes, these cams look perfect. I am not sure why 05-BF-750 posted about the flaking since I bought them from him and there aren't ANY signs of flaking. Seems like if they were going to flake they would have done it already.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Twizytid, I was kidding about the "tell me after the sale" thing. I would have bought them either way. I'm sure they are going to be great. My experience has always been better with used, or broken in good parts, than rebuilt. About par with new OEM, so for the $, broken in is a far better buy. I was more looking for input from 05-BF-750 on his setup compared to mine, and whether it would be worth me installing these now on my basically stock motor, as opposed to shelving them, and putting them in my mutt 800 BBK, which is prolly 6 to 8 months away. I do mostly trail and farmfield riding, where torque is more important than rpm.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Oh GarDog I'm not saying all the WEB cams do this. I guess I should have thought about what I typed before I typed you feel me. No WEB makes a some what of a good product they have just had some issues in the past. The cams you bought are in brand new condition. I ran them in my 665 and never had one issue and they were ran by one other member before me with no issue's. I apologize for the above statement just because I don't like WEB cams don't mean there not a good product.

Yes GarDog you need HD valve springs. Also you cant run these cams with stock pistons. I'd wait to put them in your 800 bbk. These are an "excellent" trail and 150ft drag race cam. These cams absolutely ripped out of the hole and pulled the hardest in the midrange. You wont be disappointed with these cams I promise you that!

·
Premium Member
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for clearing everything up guys.

GarDog, it sounds to me like the Stage 1 cams may be the best cam for what you want to use it for. I had decided I wanted to go with a more aggressive cam because I run wide open at the dunes a lot and the when I do ride trails, the ones I ride are mostly 8' wide ORV trails with allow for for some pretty high speeds. I would say my riding is broken down into about 40% dunes, 25% wide open trails, 25% drag racing, and 10% tight trails.

·
Premium Member
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My experience has always been better with used, or broken in good parts, than rebuilt. About par with new OEM, so for the $, broken in is a far better buy.
Almost ALL of the parts I have bought for my two V's have been used. Tires, exhaust, nerfs, bumpers, shocks, and now pistons, cams, & valve springs. You can find some REALLY awesome deals that way. I am not going to give out what I paid for my HMF duals or my Elka shocks (in case I want to sell them for a profit :D) but I can say that they were both FAR less than 1/2 of what most used ones sell for. You just have to look hard and be patient.

There is NO WAY I could afford to put all of these items on one quad, let alone TWO of them, if I had bought everything new.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts