Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hooked up with Metal at the FSW last weekend in Glamis. We both arrived with great ambitions of winning. That is about where it fell apart for me.

Got there late Friday and didn't have any time to do testing. I had planned to get there mid morning. Butch of crap kept me from getting there any sooner.

Had the new 38mm carb to test and tune with the new Big Kev drag pipes. I jetted to 188's, and it seemed to be dead on 12.5 AFR testing around the camp site.....at 7:30am. Everybody loved waking up to the sound of those pipes :p

Made it over to the hill and got registered. They opened up the lanes for test rides and I took a couple and then hit the NOS. It went way rich so I needed to increase the diameter of the carb vent hose. Before doing that took a couple more rides up the hill on motor and it died coming down. AFR was a bit lean. So I decided to put the 36's back on it.

Took a stab at the jetting and unfortunately couldn't test cuz the races had started and the BLM was looking for the drag bikes running outside the course to give them a ticket.

Let my nephew run it in the sumo and it was AFR at 9. So I just decided to not run it in the power adder.

Metal ran his with the 36's cuz he hadn't got the demons quite tuned. No jockey and he was right with the guys!!!!B) Wait till the demons are on it. It was sputtering due the left over alcohol gel clogging the fuel filter.

Metal got some vids of the drag pipes and I am hoping he will post on here. They absolutely rock! I could feel the power.

I will be ready for dumont in January!

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Too bad you didn't have more time to test. :( Man I want to make one race this winter. Hopefully January...

Then Sand Mountain if they can host a race there.

A guy needs a 2 day cushion to get it dialed in. It's tough when you don't live close.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Metal got some vids of the drag pipes and I am hoping he will post on here. They absolutely rock! I could feel the power.
Gotta get me a set of those Big Kev drag pipes. Coarse that means I'll need more carb. $$$ It's never ending. :lol:
You just needed more time to get it tuned. Just bad luck for both of you.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Its hard to show up with a new setup and not having time to do any testing and make a good showing.

I hate to here you didn't get to race again though James. I'm sure you will have your V running like a champ in January.:)

Atleast it looked and sounded cool sitting there.:D

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts