Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any problems with their fuel pump. I think mine has or is going out. Its on a 700v and after an hour or so of hard riding it will start to sputter and eventually die :mad:. It wont start back once it dies and I can't hear the pump running. If it sets for a day or so it will fire back up and run fine. Could the there be any loose connections to look for or is the pump getting to hot.:confused:

Question two. Can a person use an in line automotive style pump, or do you have to drop a couple hundred on a new kawasaki pump.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Can't answer your question. But if you need a pump I have a few here.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would check the wiring and the connections before replacing anything. Verify if the pump is working or not and go from there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
we had a p700 that would run great for an hour then act up. it was especially bad after adding full. we pulled the pump out, cleaned out the intake screen/filter and the problem was better. then we dumped and rinsed the bottom of the tank, there was the rest of the problem. i dont know if these get contaminated riding or if the gas station sells dirty gas. good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys I didn't think about trash in the fuel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts