Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A have a set of cams and pistons I just removed. They are a 750 11.5-1 pistons and trail/race cams. Pistons are in good shape put not perfect and
piston pins move freely no binding. Cams in good shape there is small scratches on 1 cam lobe. Will sell the set for a very reduced price of 350 shipped for lower 48.
Cams will require the Kibblewhite double springs.
Oh yeah no core charge for cams required.

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
Would these work in the stock 700 motor in my green V if the cylinders were bored correctly? If so, would I end up with a 750 or something different? Any guess what the valve springs cost for a set?

At this point I am very interested in these.

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
Would there be any performance or reliability issues with the scratches on the cam lobe and the condition of the pistons? Sorry for all the questions but I haven't ever purchased something like this before.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I think you would have to sleeve it for a 750. I think that's why they go with 730's you don't need to sleeve. Springs are 130-150 range.
Everything was running strong when I pulled them. I was always jetted correctly and never overheated motor. I don't think anything is wrong with pistons or cams, but I'm no expert either.

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
you need a set of stock cams for a core minimus? Not asking for myself.. just figured anyone intersted might want to know.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No cores needed. Would be nice though I'll knock 50 bucks off price if you send stock cams. I'm trying to get enough for extended rockers and 4x cams for my new build.

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No problem. That's what I thought anything over 730 V's and 700 prairies will have to use sleeves. I think sleeves run about 250 for the set.

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm going from memory that sometimes fails. Looks like sleeves run less than 250.

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
It's tough to tell for sure from the pictures,but that looks like normal wear to me.
For a 700,buy a set of 750 cylinders. VFJ and Glenn have good resources to get them redone to fit these pistons. You might even be lucky enough to find 750 cylinders that will "work" without being sent out.

WOW I just realized $350 was for the pistons and the cams,that's a steal..
The springs run about $100

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
Yeah, my problem is that by the time spend $350 for the cams/pistons, $100 for the valve springs, and who knows for 750 cylinders or sleeves, I am getting somewhat close to a 730 kit.

I agree, this looks like a very good deal but probably not for me.

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
Yeah.. But...then you would have a 750:D
Some day I'm going to go bigger,I have a pair of 750 cylinders sitting here ready for when the time comes.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
How much time is on them?

So $300 with cam cores.

I may take them.

Pm sent.

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
AMR sells them for around that I think

1 - 20 of 36 Posts