Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Son got 2020 Pro Fxt in the creek. Only the front (fuse area) got wet. Everything comes on electronically, but it will not start. When I turn the key to on the oil light flashes. I don’t recall if it did this prior or not. Any help on where to start? I’m pulling fuses now, but haven’t found any that were bad yet

·
Registered
36 Posts
The oil light flashes on my nearly brand new one when I turn the key on. If it were me, if this just happened, I’d let it dry out. Maybe pull fuses and spray the crap out of anything electrical that got wet with WD-40. WD 40 stands for water displacement formula 40. It used to be used for drying out electrical components on distributors etc.
Once it’s dried out and if it still won’t start you begin troubleshooting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx, we’ve checked all fuses and connections, changed the oil (it was clean) and it is trying to turn over, but still isn’t starting.

·
Registered
Kawasaki Mule 550, KAF-300-C5
169 Posts
spray some starting fluid or carb cleaner into the air intake and try to start it. if it fires and dies, fuel problem. No fire, no spark.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well after a week of sitting, after checking all fuses and changing oil (which was clean), it fired right up. I’ll take it easy a day or two and watch it to make sure no issues arise.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Silicone spray has the same effect as WD-40 but won't dissipate as quickly. It will offer longer protection.

·
Registered
35 Posts
ok so i just sunk my kawasaki brute force 750 what all do i need to do the get it back runing agin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts