Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
No instructions, but the install is pretty straight forward if you're already comfortable with relays, etc. Power wire to the battery (or CB for the added protection), relay power wire from 12v socket, and ground wire to the frame. CB isn't necessary with everything being fused, but it's an added level of protection and contributes to peace of mind.
I am confused on how to connect relay power wire from 12V socket. Do you just tap into the wire or to the connection on back of socket? And the socket still works after this? I am about to tackle this and this has had me stumped.

· Registered
42 Posts
I am confused on how to connect relay power wire from 12V socket. Do you just tap into the wire or to the connection on back of socket? And the socket still works after this? I am about to tackle this and this has had me stumped.
If I recall correctly, you just match +/- from at the back of the outlet. Its nothing more than a signal wire, so no concern about load.

· Registered
6 Posts
I did research and everyone said look into a Hester’s fuse box.

We found it to be highly recommended and ordered one. We looked into other options but his seems to be the best. We have a 4010 mule trans and we’re going to use the hot wire to battery and our fuse box will be in our front compartment because I don’t intend to put much in there.
Good luck!
Can you please post a picture or part number and size of the circuit breaker you used. I am about to install the Hester fuse block and need some help. Thank you.

· Registered
6 Posts
For the record, I bought Blue Sea brand, but have not installed it yet.
As others stated, use a circuit breaker to protect the wire that feeds the fuse box.
A continuous duty solenoid can be used so the fuse box only has power when it is activated. This will prevent anything from being powered if the solenoid is not powered. It would prevent a dead/discharged battery if something powered off the fuse box is left on, but not allow accessory use, key OFF.
Can you please post a picture or part number and size of the circuit breaker you used. I am about to install the Hester fuse block and need some help. Thank you.

· Registered
6 Posts
For the record, I bought Blue Sea brand, but have not installed it yet.
As others stated, use a circuit breaker to protect the wire that feeds the fuse box.
A continuous duty solenoid can be used so the fuse box only has power when it is activated. This will prevent anything from being powered if the solenoid is not powered. It would prevent a dead/discharged battery if something powered off the fuse box is left on, but not allow accessory use, key OFF.

· Registered
6 Posts
No pics of the install with me, but I can probably get some tonight if you're interested. Below is a screenshot of the video above and the red box is where I mounted mine on the radiator cover. I already had the SuperATV plug n play relay setup mounted where he has his shown.

View attachment 77334
Install was pretty straightforward as I mentioned above. The 9 port comes with the power wire from the battery. Run that through the chase back to the battery compartment and you can either hook straight to the battery or a circuit breaker (as I did), then CB to battery. It's a bit tight to get to the positive terminal on the battery, so we used the winch solenoid. Mounted the fuse block on the radiator cover and hooked up the ground wire to the frame piece under the hood/front clip. I was installing the Kawasaki radio at the same time, which included a usb/3.5mm jack port to replace one of the 12v sockets on the dash. As the 12v socket is switch activated, we used the (now unused) 12v power to the socket for the 12v signal wire to the new fuse box relay. At this point, it was ready for the accessories.

This is my eventual goal as well. I ran the 9 port as I wanted to be able to run the stereo without needing the key or the machine on, so I have it hooked to one of the 3 always-on ports. Once I get the dual battery setup, I'll switch the fuse box (and MAYBE the winch solenoid) over to the second battery. What battery did you wind up getting? Did you pick up any hold-downs for it?

· Registered
6 Posts
Can't really say everyone recommends it as everyone is different and they're more expensive than the blue sea, but I'm happy with it. It comes with a relay you hook into a keyed power supply (I used one of the front 12v sockets), so it's powered when the Mule is. It's just a clean set up with mounting brackets, fuses and the 9 port comes with the power wire to the battery as well. The only supplemental item needed (in my case) was the breaker at the battery.

Can't really say everyone recommends it as everyone is different and they're more expensive than the blue sea, but I'm happy with it. It comes with a relay you hook into a keyed power supply (I used one of the front 12v sockets), so it's powered when the Mule is. It's just a clean set up with mounting brackets, fuses and the 9 port comes with the power wire to the battery as well. The only supplemental item needed (in my case) was the breaker at the battery.

· Registered
42 Posts
This is the one I used for mine:

Bussmann CB185-100 100 Amp Type III Circuit Breaker https://a.co/d/eTQ14LI

I've also got a 250amp one sitting on my workbench should I need it in the future.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts