Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to bite the bullet and buy a full size folding windshield for my FXR. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on this so I searched and found this one from Terra Rider UTV Windshields. For $290 it may not be the top of the line but it seems to do what I need it for. The installation was b!tch, the bolts were not long enough and a bracket was too large, but in the end I made it all work.
The real test will be when the temps drop over the next few weeks. As long as my face doesn't freeze, I'm good.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What bracket was too big?
Top center bracket was about 5 inches too long. made the windshield push out way too far. I contacted Terra Rider and they are sending a new one out Monday. I used a Dremmel to cut the bracket to the right size. I will replace it when the correct one arrives.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think the one on my fathers Pro FX was about 6 inches long, the video said that the bracket needed to be installed before the velcro straps are used to secure the top part of the windshield as it is intended to push the center of the windshield out

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the one on my fathers Pro FX was about 6 inches long, the video said that the bracket needed to be installed before the velcro straps are used to secure the top part of the windshield as it is intended to push the center of the windshield out
Watched the video 4 times before and as I installed. The FXR is a shorter cut than the rest of the Pro line. 24" 3/4. The company stated in their email that they will send me the correct bracket. Even by cutting the bracket down, it still pushes the windshield forward. Without cutting it down, it pushed the windshield forward 5 inches past the roofline. If I would of installed it this way, the pressure of the wind would of made the windshield wobble.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the real test will be scratch resistance.
Luckily my property isn't full of over growth. I maintain my trails pretty well to keep them clear. Last year the 20 degree temps during deer season were brutal on the skin.
Even though I was wrapped like a mummy, that cold air finds a way to get through.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts