Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
sometimes i play with the clutch i seems to go in okay,i just think the gears get bound up thats why i play with the gas i always come to a complete stop to shift also

·
Registered
29 Posts
Upon start up, it helps o rev the engine a little to get it to go into gear. No biggy. Easier after 20 hour service.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mine was very noticeable when I bought it. Same thing, if you kind of tapped the gas while you shifted it was easy. Seems like now it is not near as noticeable after logging some hours on it.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Mine was tough when I first bought it. Now that I've put some hours on it it has smoothed out considerably. Goes into gear with no problems.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had the same issue and made it worse by overfilling the rear diff/trans during my 20hr service. I removed about 4-6oz of fluid and it is perfect now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine has had shifting problems since the day I brought it home. Only thing I dislike about the machine. Will get looked at when it goes to shop for recall.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I‘m having problems with my 2018 Kawasaki Pro FX EPS. I only have 50 hours on my machine and it fails to consistently go into low gear. The first time they wouldn’t believe me when I told the there was a problem. Something must have loosened up in transit to the dealership because it went into gear for them, they did nothing and return the machine to me. I drove it a couple weeks before it locked up again. it’s locked twice since. It has been in the shop a total of three times (bought it new 6 months ago) and I can’t get any satisfaction from the dealer or Kawasaki. I couldn’t believe it when Kawasaki call me from California to tell me, in Iowa everything is in specs and that’s normal operation for a mule. At this point I think I got a lemon. Anyone else having similar issues?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had/have 9 jeeps,5 humvees, a Ram and two Tahoes and all have an unsweet spot where the t-case gears are opposite and just don't want to mesh. This happened once on my 19 Pro-FX.
Moving it a bit forward/backwards has always allowed it to drop into low gear. Of course anytime it's transported, it gets a new opportunity to mesh.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I‘m having problems with my 2018 Kawasaki Pro FX EPS. I only have 50 hours on my machine and it fails to consistently go into low gear. The first time they wouldn’t believe me when I told the there was a problem. Something must have loosened up in transit to the dealership because it went into gear for them, they did nothing and return the machine to me. I drove it a couple weeks before it locked up again. it’s locked twice since. It has been in the shop a total of three times (bought it new 6 months ago) and I can’t get any satisfaction from the dealer or Kawasaki. I couldn’t believe it when Kawasaki call me from California to tell me, in Iowa everything is in specs and that’s normal operation for a mule. At this point I think I got a lemon. Anyone else having similar issues?
I've had/have 9 jeeps,5 humvees, a Ram and two Tahoes and all have an unsweet spot where the t-case gears are opposite and just don't want to mesh. This happened once on my 19 Pro-FX.
Moving it a bit forward/backwards has always allowed it to drop into low gear. Of course anytime it's transported, it gets a new opportunity to mesh.

·
Registered
44 Posts
On mine I've always had episodic difficulty getting it in select gears. Worst case, I had parked it in Low, and was unaware that to start in gear one had to depress the foot brake. I couldn't get the gear shifter out of low and couldn't get the engine started. So I got in front of the Mule and rocked in backward just a few inches and then was able to easily shift to Neutral and start the engine. Had I known at the time about the foot brake requirement for starting when in gear I could have saved myself some frustration.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure what the problem is, Kawasaki is sending a regional rep to look at the machine. I’m hoping Kawasaki will stand behind their warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your advice. The Kawasaki Rep says it’s operating as designed. I’ve documented everything, 2 1/2 years left on factory warranty. I’m going to ride it like a stole it until it breaks. Unfortunately that’s what it’s going to take to convince Kawasaki they have a problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts