Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall ! so after a few small rides and one big ride on the rebuilt engine - i noticed there is gas in the oil and it stalls when idling more often than not. now i know the rings and everything in it are new and the cylinders have been re-honed .. the whole works. i know the bike was running on 30/55 PSI for awhile before the rebuild and it ran fine then .. could it be that it was tuned to that PSI and when it came back up its just giving it too much gas ? im pretty confused as it did run fine before the rebuild.

·
Super Moderator
12,616 Posts
hey yall ! so after a few small rides and one big ride on the rebuilt engine - i noticed there is gas in the oil and it stalls when idling more often than not. now i know the rings and everything in it are new and the cylinders have been re-honed .. the whole works. i know the bike was running on 30/55 PSI for awhile before the rebuild and it ran fine then .. could it be that it was tuned to that PSI and when it came back up its just giving it too much gas ? im pretty confused as it did run fine before the rebuild.
The poor idle and gas in the oil are related. Check for a choke sticking open, and the float level.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
check the sliders too, if its stuck open it will dump gas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts