Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, ever since ive had this fourwheeler its had flooding problems. so bad that when i have the choke on sometimes fire comes out of the muffler. a few months ago, i left it at my cousins house and came back to get it, its was rolling white smoke and was kinda jumping but not really moving, I was really mad so i left it to sit.. about a week ago, i went and checked the oil, it was overfilled and smelled like gas... What could this be? My dad asked a guy who works on engines and he said to drain/change the oil and it should be fine. but what do you guys think?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've had that happen to my 02 prairie, has something to do with the carbs and how the engine shuts off and storage. If you shut your fuel valve off and run your bike outta fuel that should fix it. I'm sure there's a better way of dealing with it but I got a new bike and never bothered with figuring that issue out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the fuel valve shut off the red switch on the handle bars? becasue i turn that to off everytime i turn it off.

·
Super Moderator
12,616 Posts
is the fuel valve shut off the red switch on the handle bars? becasue i turn that to off everytime i turn it off.
He's talking about the fuel petcock located at the lower right side of the machine.
Please don't start two separate threads on the same topic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts