Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to figure this out but havent had much luck . I have 14/40 on right now and have extra 13f and 42r,45r,and 48r what gearing is best ? Oh and what size paddles i have the 4/156 rims

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
the pipe and silencer makes no dif in what you should run for hearing. it isn't the same as a car. i would run 20" paddles, V style with 14/42-45

·
Registered
1,936 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
The paddles are a matter of preference. I had 22" V's on my DS650 and they did an awesome job - however they didn't allow the quad to slide around turns very well at all - actually hooked too much. So it depends on your riding style if you like drifting around go straight paddle - if you like to tool around with a lot of mixed type riding go V. Tires again are matter of preference 22 vs 20 is equivalent to 2 to 3 teeth on rear sprocket. Gearing same way - I've never been to Glamis but do you think there are areas that you'll want to blast 70mph+ ? If not don't bother going with tall (top speed) gearing.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Rockhound really did hit the nail on the head if you are talking about setting up your 3wheeler. With a 3 wheeler the v paddle will actually help you corner better than a straight paddle as long as the tire isn't buffed. If you wanna drag and hill climb go straight paddle, buffed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, i swapped out the 40 for a 42 and tested down the street. I noticed that 1st way shorter and felt like i could start in 2nd so i did not to impressive on takeoff . So now I'm running 14/42 and think I'll stick with it and run it at glamis if i don't like it I'll change it back. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to change to smaller hubs to get more tire and a more common paddle. What do you guys think.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rockhound really did hit the nail on the head if you are talking about setting up your 3wheeler. With a 3 wheeler the v paddle will actually help you corner better than a straight paddle as long as the tire isn't buffed. If you wanna drag and hill climb go straight paddle, buffed.
What size paddle should I be running ? Right now ,I got 20x11x10.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
[/quote]What size paddle should I be running ? Right now ,I got 20x11x10.[/QUOTE]

That should be fine.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx, for all the input .I'll be doing some more testing and let you know how it goes . THANX AGAIN!:tup::rock::rock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts