Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting my belt soon what kind of sand paper i use and what else should i do to the clutch. what fluid is in the rear end on my 08 brute force i want to change it i got 1400 miles on it what else you think i should look at or change?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
yup, the 3m pads work pretty good. rear differential takes kawasaki wet brake fluid. should change your front differential oil too. takes motor oil. i used 10w 40. just use whatever you put in your motor.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks whats the sheeves is that were the belt rides?? how much wet brake fluid it take? can i get any wet brake oil like from my buddys dealership its a arcticcat dealer

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
yes the sheaves is where the belt rides. just go over them enough to get the glaze out, it shouldn't take much. i know the rear end will hold almost one whole bottle of kawi's wet brake fluid. i wanna say its 1 - 1 1/2 quarts. use either kawi's wet brake oil, or i believe a hydraulic oil for tractor powershift transmissions that is for clutch packs, or your brakes. i believe mobil 424 is the equivalent. check your owners manual. i'm not sure if the AC dealership would have an equivalent to it or not, im not familiar with there brake systems. do NOT use gear oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts