Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running regular Big Horns on my Brute and love them but.....the sidewalls are weak and they roll a lot. They roll so much that the Brute feels like it wants to flip over when pushed hard into a corner. Otherwise they are the bomb.

Any Suggestions?

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
The guys I associate with that run gncc are liking the new gbc tire real well on the canams and seem to do well on the independent bikes the guy to ask I think is high energy on here as he works for them and helped design this tire Kevin Johnston if you know him better yet.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Are you sure that it's the tires and not your suspension? Don't get me wrong if you're already on top of that, but you don't show any mods in your sig. Having your front end set up properly makes a huge difference. The energy suspension upgrade for the rear sway bar is an essential also...and a cheap mod.

I ran ITP Terracrosses last season and they worked great...but I wouldn't say that they're better than anything....just what I have experience with. I did destroy the sidewalls on them but they held for the whole season, in fact I moved them out of my way in the garage last week and they were still inflated.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have Fox shocks with high and low speed comp. The low speed helps but the best thing I have found is to run about 10 lbs of air in the front tires. The sidewalls still roll but it helps.
I know its the tires because I have to break them down after every race to clean the dirt/mud out where it gets between the tire and rim.
The reason for this thread is I'm getting beadlocks and want to put a different tire on them.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Wish they still made the Maxxis Alltracks. That tire was bullet proof & had a flat contact patch. I too have the ITP Terra Crosses & cant say they are better, soft sidewall. I would think a 6 or 8 ply tire.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wish they still made the Maxxis Alltracks. That tire was bullet proof & had a flat contact patch. I too have the ITP Terra Crosses & cant say they are better, soft sidewall. I would think a 6 or 8 ply tire.
I can get a set but if I need another one quick I may be in trouble.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Alltracks were good tires... Loved mine wish they had a 27" so it would atleast measure 26"s tall though. hah.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like I'm going to try Big Horn 2.0's. Any reason they won't work? Any first hand infor on sidewall flex? They seem to be the same as the regular BH's except for the tread and weight.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Apperently the bighorns 2.0 are lighter, but that's about all that's good on them. The compound is softer then the originals, and tread wear is noticeable if used in the rough. Some one at Teryx HQ tested them and they didn't perform up to par in racing situations. I believe he now runs one of the following, GBC Reaper or GBC dirt Commander, either way they're 8 ply and similar in weight to the original bighorns.

Dave F.

·
Registered
28 Posts
don't waist your money with the 2.0's get the regulars I've been running a set for about 1000 miles with 6 psi in the front an 5 in the rear with lil to no tire roll, but I also have my front shocks dialed in for my style of riding

1 - 12 of 12 Posts