Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i did it again..... got myself screwed up..... went out hunting sunday night with adam(bruteforz05) and as i was walking back to the truck i slipped on a patch of ice at the truck and broke my leg/foot.... snapped the fibula and seperated my ankle joint and ripped the tendons off the inside of my ankle.....if adam hadnt of been with me i would of really be screwed... i was laying on the white line of the highway screaming at the top of my lungs... he picked me up and tossed me in the truck and took me to the e.r...... im definitely glad i wasnt by myself being it was 0 degrees outside that night... im off work for 3 months now and they are going in tomorrow afternoon and putting pins in my fibula and a screw completely through my ankle to join the joint back together and let it heal.... my short term dissability is only good for 3 months so i hope im back to work before 12 weeks... after that i go to 80% pay.... anyway... im not in a good mood right now and i hate being couped up in the house and not being able to get out......

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
Damn sorry to hear that bro

Two things you never do alone is hunt and ride

Hope you are not in much pain and that you heal quickly

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Wow...all that from taking a simple fall. Guess you are getting OLD and FRAIL! lol just kiddin'

It was about this time last year that I tore my ACL and had surgery, etc...NOT FUN. I definitely feel your pain/frustration. Hang in there and please know that your KR brethen are all hoping/praying for you to have a fast recovery...in the mean time, enjoy those pain meds! :D

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Sorry to hear that ,if we can do anything to help dont hesitate to call bro....

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
believe in louisiana voodoo, bitch.....the things I coulda done with this doll :wub:. Next time you'll think twice about what you send me

:p

Did Adam kick ya while you were down :lol:

well take it easy buddy and I pray for a speedy recovery :)

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts
That sucks man. Hope they give you some good pills :D I will give you a call tomorrow. If you need anything let me know.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Slipped huh, Well that sucks!

A quick recovery to ya. I feel your pain. I fractured my foot this past summer. Good drugs but gained a few from the lack of mobility.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
monkey- At first when I heard him screamin in pain, i assumed he had fell and hit his head or had fell into a hole or even fell and rammed the gun through his stomach or something... i really had no idea, but the bad thing was, it was so dark outside, even when i got to him, I couldnt even see where he was until I grabbed ahold of him and could feel my feet slidin... Luckily I got enough ass behind me to get enough traction not to fall too... we would have both been screwed then...

Tell ya what, that ankle looked nasty. Ive had alot of the nurses and cmt's at the hospital tell me that it was one of the nastiest lookin ankles they had seen in a while as far as it swelling up and etc.

BTW- I called ahead to the ER and told them I was coming...(yeahthis is becoming a regular occurance when Shawn is involved) but we got there and they had a room waiting for him. They gave him a pain shot and nausea shot, got an x-ray, done an air cast and we were walking out the door in an hour and half. The guy in the next room had a dislocated shoulder and had been there 5 and 1/2 hours... haha They got us in and right out.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
wow man sorry to hear that and I pray you get healed quick as possible its misery being confined but take the good with it if you can find it.

If we can help give us a call. JH

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
Tell him to take care, for me :)

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
330 cant come fast enough.... i havent slept or eat since 11 last night and im starting to get pizzed... ive got a headache and my acid reflux is flairing up... buttheads always schedule me for in the afternoon.....

voodoo doll huh monkey?? im starting to believe it... the broken bone is not causing as much pain as the tendons on the inside of my foot... it throbs something aweful... i just hope ill be able to use the foot and walk normal when its all over...

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts
Man Shawn that sucks. i won't call and bother you today, you might give me a bitching LOL. I will call you in a week or so. I pray everything goes good and you heal up quick.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
wow!! all that from one fall!!

hope you make a speedy recovery!!

hope all works well

holding thumbs for you!!

the one good thing is that you will have plenty time to post here now!! :p

speedy recovery!!:D

·
Registered
640 Posts
Good Luck,
Take care and don't push too hard for recovery and do yourself more harm. Ya gotta heal right the first time. 80% for a short time is better than long term misery.

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well, im awake ..... i got a nice big plate and 6 screws in my foot.... when i came out of surgery the pain was unreal and they had to give me 3 morphene shots and 3 shots of diloted to get the pain under control... i was definitely feeling drowsy after that... now its just a matter of waiting 10weeks to walk again... just thought i would post i was still alive. im heading back to the couch fellas... talk to you later..

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
Glad everything went fine Shawn :) Is Adam giving you the sponge baths?

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
hardy har-har-har monkey..

:p

all that metal in his leg is gonna slow his drag racing down...

Imagine the cavity searches they will do on him @ the airports when he walks through the metal detector. :D

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Thats one hell of an injury for a slip and fall. Hope the pain subsides to a more tolerable level. What you need is a sponge bath, Monkey can give you one like he gave Camo's V.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts