Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, after a day of riding around the neighborhood in the snow all kinds of complaints and two visits from the cops. So what is a good aftermarket exhaust that is quiet and not lose too much performance??? anyone got something used???

Thanks

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
believe the super pro is one of the quitest if its not THE quitest. see if hmf makes a qrs(quiet race series) for our bikes.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Alright, after a day of riding around the neighborhood in the snow all kinds of complaints and two visits from the cops. So what is a good aftermarket exhaust that is quiet and not lose too much performance??? anyone got something used???

Thanks

Try contacting TwoBrothers and see if they have quiet cores for the pipes.

Kenny

·
Registered
717 Posts
I didnt think the 2 brothers was loud at all. I had one before the LTE's and it wasn't even close to being as loud as the LTE's.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I have the super pro on mine, power increase with a quiet exhaust. I had DMC quiet 4 duos, and my muzzy is at least as quiet as they where. I have the muzzy quiet core removed also.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, for the input pm'd John about a muzzy sp. The two brothers is loud..I had a warrior 1700 Vtwin and I will tell ya what not a whole lot of difference, LOL. My nephew said he heard me coming from almost 1/2 mile away..I like the sound but the cops today were going to fine me for loud exhaust and disturbing the peace, and as long as it is snowing I am going to be out in it and the fine was$275 plus court costs of $75 so for $325 over halfway of paying for it right?? This was after the second visit from them, i told them it was all about the kids and tubing but the one jack A$$ cop must of had a miserable childhood, did not want anyone having fun. When the cop said it is just way to loud, my daughter says lets get my quad out dad, he looks at her and says "Would you like to have that quad of yours impounded" I laughed and said honey Daddy may get Tazed today... The other cop laughed at that comment and the jerk one said got it right here wanna see how it works, such a Prick..Oh well.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Wow...and I thought the cops around here were d1cks....I don't know if I would've been able to show your restraint. Cudos to you though..I prob. would be in jail right now.....the coronor would be doin that cops autopsy with a microscope...but I'd be in jail.:mad::huh::eek:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I've never heard an aftermarket pipe on the V that is quiet.....if your neighbors are complaining, I can't imagine they will stop if you lower the db by a few....the low frequency bark of this Vtwin will carry quite a ways and rattle windows and doors even when stock.

I know my 800 with a brand new Muzzy was 98db at Silver Lake at the required rpm, measuring distance, etc. 94 was legal, but they let me in....At WOT I bet it is well over 110 or more, you can hear for a loooong ways...

Its not too loud to me, and to most it sounds cool as hell....but to cops and neighbors that don't ride, its obnoxious....Not sure why they leave harleys with straight pipes alone....but that is the way it is around here.

Sorry, just saying....

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well now i am not sure I should even switch I hardly ride at the house until we get snow.. I looked on you tube and watched a couple muzzy pros and they do seem quite a bit quiter than what i have..Guess I will have to think about it.
Three or four weeks ago a guy was tazed and died in the parking lot of Speedway, so when he said it I had so many things I really wanted to say but held back... Oh well i am sure he felt like a hard A$$ when he left, but he came off as a Dumb A$$.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
no doubt that the Muzzy is "quieter" then most other pipes and sounds better...I'm just saying that any aftermarket pipe that opens up the flow for more horsepower is much louder then stock and its just not possible for these things to be quiet enough that a crabby neighbor would enjoy it. I've ridden with guys with DMC duals and it hurt my head....I've ridden Vs with LTE's and it was way too loud and droaned in my helmet....the Muzzy is much quieter then those for example. Never heard the Two Brothers, so not sure how to compare.

As for cops, yea most are dicks....but I guess you almost have to be to be able to do that job and deal with the scumbags that they deal with 98% of the time. My bro-in-law is a cop....I can't believe the trash he deals with every day/every night....but yea, he's pretty cocky sometimes and can be quite an ass...I think it comes with the "power" of the badge, and the repeated antagonizing that they get from the punks each day. Hopefully that cop your dealing with will get knocked down a few notches someday and realize that he doesn't have to take that approach.

If it was my kids and they were begging for sled rides, I'd take them around the neighborhood and have them knock on each nieghbors door and with the cutest, sad puppy look on their faces, ask each neighbor if it would be ok if their daddy could pull them around for awhile..... what kind of heartless bastard could say no to that???? :D

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
A further comment.....I have two former friends that are now cops....and that's why were not friendly anymore....not because I didn't want to hang with them, they stopped hanging with everyone that wasn't a cop.....isolated cases I know....but in general I think some cops forget their job is to PROTECT and SERVE!
Dealing with scumbags day in and out SUCKS, but come on..... a guy being a good father, spending time with his children....and prob. a few of their friends...keeping them happy, occupied, out of trouble, out of the laws hair, safe, showing them how to have fun without video games...computers...drugs....sex...etc, and this cop threatens to taze you....he should be reported...
(would do no good....your word against two cops)
and reprimanded...and made to take and pass a course on the correct way to interact with the public.
My brother has a cop next door to him, and a State Trooper caddycorner...they BOTH ride quads, and when the old meanys call to report noise disturbances by recreational vehicles out by him, they BOTH go out and ride around to make MORE noise!!!!
Those are some really cool cops!
Ed3

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
I've got a neighbor who calls the law on us for the dust (the deputy that showed up told us that he couldn't legally do anything, but could we be more "neighborly"). I'm lucky that the neighbor has a hearing problem - one V with HMF's and mine now with LTE's - ought to sound really good!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts