Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 08' 450. Took it out for the first time last weekend and Wow! what a differnce over my 05 400 EX. I was surprised at the amount of vibration you can feel though, I guess it's nature of the beast.

Speaking of vibration.....both front lower fender screws fell out. The dealer wanted $4 each for new ones. I think I will just put in Nylon Rivets. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
16 Posts
The vibration your feeling is probably more noticeable with that light weight aluminum frame i wouldn't worry about it as far as the fender bolts get the correct size bolts try some thread locker on them

·
Registered
16 Posts
goob vibrations

anyways glad to see a winged rider come over from the dark side that is honda . as far as the comparison between your 400ex and your kfx450 no contest TEAM GREEN RULES #44 Chad Weinen #7 Josh Creamer MEAN GREEN:p

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Are you feeling the vibes through the bars or the pegs, or both?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The vibration your feeling is probably more noticeable with that light weight aluminum frame i wouldn't worry about it as far as the fender bolts get the correct size bolts try some thread locker on them
Yeah, adding loctite or a jam nut on the backside of the fender bolts should do the trick. I did hear that the vibration was more noticable because of the frame, just didn't know what to expect....I'm pumped to have the Kawi now, can't wait to get it broke in so I can start to really enjoy it.:D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah, the 450 is a vibratin mutha. The aluminium frame is extremly ridged and transfers engine vibration thru the pegs and bars pretty good. You can get an anti-vibe steering stem, and or flex bars, or even anti-vib inserts for the bars and maybe some softer grips if you feel the need. I only put ODI lock-on grips on mine. Some people feel the vibration is excessive. I don't think it's all that bad, but I guess it's all about personal preference. But I do make it a habit to check all the nuts and bolts on a regular basis, and use a fair amount of lock-tight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts