Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,975 Posts
I was thinking of mounting it to the truck for some highway action shots. Thought it might make for some fun stuff. If I can afford to get one :blush:

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I was thinking of mounting it to the truck for some highway action shots. Thought it might make for some fun stuff. If I can afford to get one :blush:
[/b]

please dont....youre gonna make me get in trouble

·
Premium Member
10,230 Posts
You guys have any pics of how/where you mounted the camera on your helmets?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
There are quite a few threads and reviews ---Most in this thread are very positive---Here's one leaning a little the other way----Good to have a balance----Kenny

Customer Review

9 of 9 people found the following review helpful:
3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, average delivery, May 17, 2009
By Joseph R. Aiello "Gadget Guy"
Gopro Motorsports HERO WIDE 5 Megapixel 170 Degree Lens Camera (Silver)

I was excited to see the video clips on the Gopro site. My use is on a Motorcycle. When I go the product, I found the display a bit disappointing. It is very small and you read it upside down as you might look at the camera with the 'Hero' logo in the lower right corner. The unit itself is somewhat simple in design and doesn't give you the feeling of the quality in even the most common digital camera's you would buy today. Two double AAA batteries go in the back with a cover that you slide off. This cover has a tendancy to slide off while general handling of the camera and is annoying. Do not, let me repeat, Do not use alkaline batteries in the camera-- they don't function properly. With fresh batteries my unit will only run for a short while and then shut off. It also has very erratic operation. Changing to the recommended Eveready NI-MH batteries solved the problem and although not cheap with the charger and all, they are necessary.

The quality of video is ok, but does not work well in low light. This camera does not adjust well to varying light conditions and should generally be used in brighter conditions or full sun. The camera has no anti-shake capabilities so on a motorcycle things are jerky. Make sure you want the 170 deg wide angle as everything is noticably bent with the wide angle even in the focal portion of the picture. And, don't expect clear audio--you won't get it here. The audio quality is terrible. Even with the camera out of the protective waterproof case, there is a constant buzzing noise and the volume is faint even if you talk right in the microphone. In the case on a motorcycle, the sound is unuseable and unrealistic.

For digital cameras these days, being limited to a 2gb card doesn't make sense. The entry level cameras will take 8gb at this point. In talking with GoPro tech support, they are working on a patch to allow 4gb cards, but it seems like a major task for them. All in all, I am disappointed in the quality and performance of their newest product.
Pe

·
Premium Member
10,230 Posts
OK, but still... no one answered my question.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
You guys have any pics of how/where you mounted the camera on your helmets?

It comes with 5 stick on mounts and a suction cup mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
298 Posts
You guys are crazy! But sure looks like a lot of fun!
I would love to get some street tires and hit the roads in Northern Michigan!!

HDHP

21 - 30 of 30 Posts