Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm new on here and also a new Pairie 700 owner but I've been the four wheeler scene for a while now. I recently bought a Gorillia/Promark 35000 lbs winch for my bike and I wanted to know if anybody else has one of these winches or tried to put one on. I did my homework on here before installing and found several threads that were a huge help. I was curious if anybody has one of these winches and has any pics of them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Winch

Yeah I put a gorilla with synthetic cable on my buddys grizzly. Pretty cut and dry, he is an engineer and was afraid to tackle it. Seem like good winches for the money and even better now that they r promark or whatever. He has the synthetic line and cuts it non-stop though. I will be replacing mine (trail marker) here in the spring with a promark. When lifting my plow in the cold my winch just screams, I think it's a matter of time before I cook it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Venom and read several posts that people said to tear the winch apart when you get it and get the cheap grease out of it and pack it full of good grease before you install it. I even contacted Venom and the salesman told me the same thing. A lot of these cheaper winches are made in China and they can't pack them full of grease for shipping purposes. I have installed 2 winches and tore both apart and repacked with Amsoil synthetic high pressure lithium grease. Had both for about a year and no problems. If you tear it apart you will see how little grease they actually put in them. It's not that bad to do this. I had them tore apart and put back together in about an hour.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the insight, I took mine all apart and it had grease in it but there could have been put in it so I packed it full of waterproof grease. Mine sticks out on the right hand side of the bike so much so that I has to use zip ties to hold the plastic to the frame. I tried to move it over on the mounting plate but I was only able to get three of the four holes to line up. I am using the mounting kit from Gorillia which may I can not move it over to the right of the bike. Also since the winch is a 3500lbs it is 1 inch wider than a 2500 or 3000lbs winch. Has anybody seen this?

·
Registered
192 Posts
DESERTFOX --- Does your buddy's winch with synthetic line have a roller fairlead? If so get it off and put on a smooth aluminum fairlead. I have 3yrs+ on my line with no problems at all.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brillo-
does your 3500lbs winch stick out the side on your bike?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gtralt, I posted wrong size for my winch. It is a 3000lb and not a 3500lb. Sorry. So no, mine doesn't stick out.

CatJ35, I agree with you on the fairlead. If you get synthetic rope, then you definately need to get the aluminum hawse fairlead. The roller fairlead will just eat your rope up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts