Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's a fully suspended lightened stock chassis. It's got Fireball racing aarms, steering stem w/bars, light sub frame w/custon aluminum tray, +6 swingarm, drag axle, all on a lightened stock frame with a wheelie bar if it's needed.

Motor is a 650. 12.5:1 comp., cams, ported head w/big valves, ported intake, TM48 carb., RWR exhaust, RWR CDI. It pulled mid 60s HP all motor with the old heads, it should do a little better with the new heads. I'm putting a 20-25 shot of nitrous on it.

The picture of it is in it's 1/8th mile setup. I've also got a complete set of stock shocks and sand star fronts w/22" 12 paddle extremes for the dunes and sand bars.

I'm pretty excited about it. I missed being able to ride anywhere. All the fun of play racing at the dunes and sand bars then blasting up and down the trails was alot of fun. Racing at different tracks in organized events was fun but it just got old after a while.

Here's the very best thing about it. Believe it or not I've only got $2325 in the entre bike, including both sets of tires and nitrous kit. Let me know what ya'll think.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
nice ride...got any details on those rear tires?

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice ride...got any details on those rear tires?
They are 20x8x10 American Racers. They work GREAT on a prepped track. The 20x10x10s work great for an unprepped track or general asphault. We have run them on everything from stock YFZs to 115hp banshees. They are light and hook as well as anything out there, yes ever the hoosiers. We've tried the hoosiers and like the american racers better.

·
Registered
445 Posts
that is wicked clean... i have always wanted a ds

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that is wicked clean... i have always wanted a ds
You can get DSs pretty cheap right now. They are big bikes but just a few simple mods and they really wake up. Put a RWR pug with a TM45or48 carb, and ported intake on one and it really helps out. They have a good bit more torque than the raptors because the internals are very overbuilt. The rod looks like it should be in a SB chevy. As of right now I believe they hold alot if not about all the 300ft drag records for 4strokes.

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Looks good Jay. I like the black fenders/black seat look...very sharp!

Does 007 stand for the number of times the motor has blown up? lol j/k

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks good Jay. I like the black fenders/black seat look...very sharp!

Does 007 stand for the number of times the motor has blown up? lol j/k

LOL Not yet. It had a crazy ported head on it before. They took so much out that they didn't even leave the valve guides. There was about 1/4in of material holding the valves straight and half of that was epoxy they used to keep the seals from leaking. The last owner ran it hard the full 1/4 mile probably 15-20 times before that epoxy gave up. Then the valve beat all around the seat until it broke. That was a drag head from one of the top builder too. In his defence it was never built to run wide open for an extended period of time. It was an old 300ft design they don't even use anymore. That's the first real problem. The original owner ran it until the rings were gone. The new head actually has a good drag port on it with +2 valves. It will make more power because it will have ALOT more velocity.

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
You makin the trip to Monkey Mayhem with it?

I would love to be able to see all the 4wds run but I've got to work that weekend. I I came I would have to take 3 vacation days to make the trip. I work 12hr shifts so I only get 8 days a year right now because they make us save some for shutdowns. There is now way I'm taking almost half of my vacation for the year like that. So ya'll make sure and get ALOT of video.

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that looks tuff ass i went 95hp with a 40 shot on my ds was a fun ride

What's done to the motor??? I was told my old Pami 760 with a 30 shot did a best of 112hp at one time. We dynoed it at my buddies shop on his superflow dyno with very tall gears in it and made upper 80s. I was told by Jeff Ross, the only Pami dealer in the US, that if we would have dynoed it with a lower gear combo or in a lower gear it would have shown better. If your pulling 95hp with it setup like the picture there is no way you can control it. Unless it's just blowing the tires off and then you could be making 130 and it wouldn't matter.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
ron woods pipe full msd,hsr45 mikuni ported ron woods intake k&n had the stock swingarm there but b4 it was sold it had a +4 on it and 95 whp was with the gas it wasnt 95 plus the gas i wish:eek:guy that got it from me went to a 70 shot and i got a email from him and said it didnt like it and droped its guts

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
I think they have DS forums :p

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
Nice bike.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts