Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure why..I HATE 2 Strokes. :mad: I had an '89 LT500 awhile back. Didn't care for it.

It's a 1987 LT500. The baddest of the zillas. First year of production.

Hell of a history with this bike.
Local guy bought it brand new, took it to California to run drugs across the desert from Mexico to Cali. Got nabbed and it set in his garage until he got out of the pen. Friend of mine bought it and sank a bunch of money into it, traded it for a YFZ. And I bought it from the kid, he needed money to fix his truck.

Needs a hood and the front fender support, along with a top end rebuild.
Has over $1100 in new cases and flywheel.

So, anybody want a LT500? Seriously. :cool:

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another oddity of this bike..

You'll notice the twist throttle on the left side.

The kid I got it from only has 1 arm. Got his right arm torn off in a farm accident.

Can you imagine riding this thing with one arm. Let alone with a twist throttle & clutch all at the same time. :confused:

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
hey you big vagina.. I see two running v's and a set of real tires in these picks... bring me my motor and lets go ride .... :p

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea..but what you don't see is the 3 wk old baby in the house.

I got my little brothers Birthday this weekend, I was tossing around making the trip down.

Such is life..:mad:

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
well, either bring your brother or tell him you will give him a call when you get home.... come on... Jammer's tires haven't shown up yet... you can come throw sand on him when he tries to run zippers with his plus 8.. lol....

as far as the 3 week old.. just give the ol lady a nice back rub.. buy her some flowers... and tell her you got to make a road trip to make some money,... lol

·
Registered
389 Posts
Ohh You got a fun Toy!!!! if you need info on the LT500 check out this site QuadracerHQ This guy makes a LT500 Pipe from Hell for this quad and wakes it up over that 80 technology, I 'm looking for another LT500 myself one for back up motor.

·
Registered
389 Posts
couple of pics of my 88 sand slinger

·
Registered
445 Posts
ask cody about racing a tired ltr500... funny stuff

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, either bring your brother or tell him you will give him a call when you get home.... come on... Jammer's tires haven't shown up yet... you can come throw sand on him when he tries to run zippers with his plus 8.. lol....

as far as the 3 week old.. just give the ol lady a nice back rub.. buy her some flowers... and tell her you got to make a road trip to make some money,... lol

He's only 8 years old..He'd chop me in the throat in my sleep if I missed it (He's half ninja) :lol:

The bikes I got here ain't throwing sand on nobody. They're slow. :cool:

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ohh You got a fun Toy!!!! if you need info on the LT500 check out this site QuadracerHQ This guy makes a LT500 Pipe from Hell for this quad and wakes it up over that 80 technology, I 'm looking for another LT500 myself one for back up motor.
I'm a member over there too. Haven't checked it out for years though.

I'm aware of the DR Q stuff. But I have no desire to keep it. I've got the V Twin bug. They got electric start & reverse. :D

It's all for sale..:cool:

Got any spare parts laying around that you would part with?

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
well, we do have a spare 90 if he wanted to ride with my two boys... they are going.. freaking little hoodlums.. lol

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very tempting Z..But he's only rode once in his life. Around in circles in a pasture on a lil Chinese bike.

They won't let me buy him anything to ride. So I bring him down every now and again and give him rides on the V's.

Thanks for the offer though. I appreciate it.

If something changes, I might come down and ride. :tup:

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
yeah, the park is gonna be packed.. it was out in the over flow last weekend.. and with them calling for highs near 60.... should be a lot more crowded.

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
well that's pretty cool T

you need more junk though.....you got to much room left in your garage :mad:

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got a few bikes in a friends shed...So I can work in mine

G

·
hmmm, you want an engine kit for one of your V's lol.... I've always liked those Zilla's. What are you looking to get out of it?

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
don't do it Travis, that's the last thing he needs..another project :lol:

G

·
Hell, it looks like it's pretty well together and ready to ride... that's all I'm wanting anymore. Been thinking about buying a Yamaha.... no sense tearing it apart, it still won't be fast.....lol

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I figured if I tossed on a hood, front fender bracket, and some misc small stuff. I would turn it for $1300 aprox. on eBay.

It's pretty clean, I think. Especially for a 23 year old quad with 90% original parts on it.

Damn Glenn, you got the wheels in my head turning. Let me toss it around for a bit. I have enough V's here. I am returning 2 to bone stock for me and my GF to trail ride. The other is gettin the 'drag' treatment, but I'm sticking with the 715 until I need more. Probly when I get to ST Joe and make a pass on Zmanns junk. :lol:

I was thinking maybe I could sell it and get a nice little bike for my lil brother to put around on. Something like a TRX90.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts