Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an affordable GPS. I don't need one that will do the laundry but a few bells and whistles would be nice. Any input?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
i have a garman 72 bit older and a bit bigger but i use it for all my favourite fishing spots its 4yrs old and never failed me

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
I'm about to buy a Garmin Oregon 300, currently at Walmart for $385 locally, and the Eastern Canada topo map on SD card off Ebay for $70 delivered. It has lots of features and touch-screen controls. I'm going to use it for ATV'ing, hunting, exploring, and on my bass boat for tourney fishing.

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
I got myself a Garmin GPS60CSX and have been very happy with it, nice and robust and very weather/dust proof.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the eTrex Legend HCx by garmin with the topo canada maps loaded and it does everything i want and need , it doesnt carry all the bells and whistles that the newer more expensive ones do but it is water proof to about 3 metres of water and dust proff , shock resistant and colour screen , and accepts a micro SD card .. all in all im completely happy with what it does for me !

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
I have the eTrex Legend HCx by garmin with the topo canada maps loaded and it does everything i want and need , it doesnt carry all the bells and whistles that the newer more expensive ones do but it is water proof to about 3 metres of water and dust proff , shock resistant and colour screen , and accepts a micro SD card .. all in all im completely happy with what it does for me !
Does the Canada-wide map have alot of detail; i.e. as much as a standard 50,000:1 paper topo map?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I have a garmin etrex and rhino for when I go hunting, decent hand held units. For the truck I have a Garmin nivi 260 it a couple of years old but if you go with a nuvi for an auto a 260 is the lowest model I would go, any lower and the voice directions won't pronounce the street names.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does the Canada-wide map have alot of detail; i.e. as much as a standard 50,000:1 paper topo map?

Not quite as much as a 50,000:1 paper topo but it does show terrain levels and is quite detailed as far as water, forest and old roads .
I am quite happy with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts