Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got some pics of a grab bar installed on a Prairie? I was wanting to get one for a KFX700. I looked at a microfiche of the frames, they look completely different. I basically need to know if you have one, how it mounts. I like the PRM one, but I want something a little different.

·
Registered
363 Posts
well in case you change your mind on the prm grab bar heres a pic of it.
i wouldnt mine having a few more choices on the grab bars so if you find a different one that fits then be sure to post about it.

be warned: the prm dessert grab bar wont work on the brute sra with stock exhaust. the muffler sits too high when its bolted on and interferes with the grab bar.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could I possibly get you to take a pic of how it mounts to the frame?

·
Registered
363 Posts
this is the best i can do for right now. there are two holes on the grab bar that are mounted to the frame using those bolts. same scenario for the other side. i had to bore the mounting holes out on the grab bar cause it wasnt lining up exactly right. also i went ahead and got longer bolts for the left and right side front mounts.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's great. That gives me a starting point. Did the bar interfere with the roll over sensor mount on the opposite side?

·
Registered
363 Posts
no it went right in with no problems. the right side was fine, the exhaust side was to cept for the no fit with a stock exhaust.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm curious. what model of grab bar was used on your brute? I'm wanting to run a grab bar as well but it will be without the racks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts