Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Green Maier Scooped Screened hood I am thinking about letting go. I wanna sell it to buy either a black one just like it or a white one. If anyone is interested in it PM me. It has normal wear with no deep scratches at all.

The hood is here in the video.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I have a black one for mine. It's a little scuffed up and the screened part is starting to come off. It would be an easy fix if you know someone with a plastic welder. I'm possibly interested in a trade, not sure yet.

I'm undecided on the green for the same reason as you, I like the black to mix it up, but I have a smooth black one too, so I wouldn't have to run green all the time. I'll let you know after thinking about it some more.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Say?? where those heel guards stock on the Mojave???

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yes they are stock on it. They are actually nice and really strong unlike most stock heel guards.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a black one for mine. It's a little scuffed up and the screened part is starting to come off. It would be an easy fix if you know someone with a plastic welder. I'm possibly interested in a trade, not sure yet.

I'm undecided on the green for the same reason as you, I like the black to mix it up, but I have a smooth black one too, so I wouldn't have to run green all the time. I'll let you know after thinking about it some more.

Shoot me some pics of your black one. If its in good enough shape we might work something out. I really think a black one would be sweet. I would even like to have a white Maier one. Let me know what you might wanna do and send me some pics if ya can.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I'll get some pictures Sunday. I'm scrambling to get ready for a mud/snow race tomorrow. I just stopped to eat now and check in here. I actually still have to break my engine in tomorrow morning, good thing it's an afternoon race:eek:

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, Isnt break in period 10 hours? You better ride that thing tonight:lol:

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
The race was terrible. Thick nasty mud covered the whole course and it was cold. The engine is awesome though. It's everything I had in mind when I picked out the parts. I'll get a video sometime, because it sounds mean. It's hard to describe, but it sounds angry when you get on the gas hard now.

Here's the pictures of my screened hood. If it's too nasty to trade, I don't mind and will just glue it to use myself.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh84/Mojave_Magic/IMG_7910Large.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh84/Mojave_Magic/IMG_7909Large.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh84/Mojave_Magic/IMG_7908Large.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh84/Mojave_Magic/IMG_7907Large.jpg

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is a little on the rough side for a trade. This green one is basically new. What would you half to have for it straight out?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Not really looking to sell it by itself. I'd have to replace it with something similar and they're ridiculously expensive new as I'm sure you've seen. I guess I'll just glue it and use it.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes they are! I just think Black would look good on there. Even the white would be sweet but then it would be like I was trying to make it look like my V:lol: I may figure something out later. Wonder what I could get out of this Mojo? I bet I could get enough to get a Z400!:D

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont need to but I would if I could get a Black one just like to replace it. I have looked and you cant find the Black ones anymore. Pm me about and we'll talk.

·
Registered
203 Posts
well since the post has moved up i seen this on youtube when i did a search but WHAT WERE YOU DOING WITH THE GARAGE DOOR CLOSED might have been cold outside? but still if like the grarae i use smell goes right in to the house and my uncle and aunt does not like but ur shoes all might have to worrie about is ur health i dont know but yeah seein this post i might would like a differnet hood but looks taken

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It didnt run long. I have not heard anything on the hood so what do you have in mind?

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
well since the post has moved up i seen this on youtube when i did a search but WHAT WERE YOU DOING WITH THE GARAGE DOOR CLOSED might have been cold outside? but still if like the grarae i use smell goes right in to the house and my uncle and aunt does not like but ur shoes all might have to worrie about is ur health i dont know but yeah seein this post i might would like a differnet hood but looks taken
:huh:

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I wanted to break up some of the green on the hood so I did tonight.

I have always hated that weak screen in the Maier Hood so I pulled it out and replaced it. Oh and after I trimmed the snorkel to angle toward the ram air slot, It is a functional ram air now. Just gotta see what it does though. It might lean out a little on top end now but if it does I will just jet up. Gonna make the bolt heads black soon. Looks better than before though. Now you cant see all of the wiring down in there.

Before.

After.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I figured I was stuck with so I made it the way I wanted it. I guess I will just keep it because I am going to try and sell the Mojave all together.

Or if you really want it you can have it for 60.00 shipped. One from maier would cost you over 80.00 after shipping and you cant get these anymore so I say its a good deal. Its even custom now and no other one like it so its priceless :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.