Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got quite a few, and i like to target shoot, huntins fun but its too slow for me. when i go shoot i usually bring my ar,ak, 7 mag and my sig pro. a buddy of mines always talkin about his .22's he shoots. he finally showed me one im impressed by, kel tecs new pmr30, check em out. much more reasonably priced than fn's 5-7! think i may get one when they come out.

i do have a few .22's but plinking is really boring to me, think shootin skeet excites me the most

·
Registered
13 Posts
A .22 is cheap to shoot, thats the best part. Besides that it is mostly used for practice shooting or the occasional rodent shooting (a.k.a squirrel)

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
we have 22 shoots around here... you can walk away with pretty good money if your good enough.... i shoot a browning T-bolt .22... it will punch holes at 50 yards with no problem at all.. most guys shoot cz's or the remington 541s and t model... with alittle work all of them can and will be hole punchers..

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
My father and I have both have Ruger 10-22's that we go out to the range and have some fun with. Granted they're not modified like most of the guys we shoot with but they're still pretty fun. Once you get the 50 round banana clip and a scope:p

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
Model 52 Winchesters

had a few target and a sporter but sold em:(

couple of my Colt .22 plinkers :D

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Take the ole .22 out and shoot some birds:lol: It is way more fun then any other game hunting imo. Make some feathers fly and have some laughs. I need to get my 10-22 out and shoot it a few. I have not shot it in months!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I have 3 .22 rifles (2 bolt,1semi), .223 WSSM rifle, .243, .270, 2 30-06 rifles, 7mm mag, 12 gauge, 16 gauge double barrel, 9mm pistol, .22 pistol. It fun to shoot anything I have just $20 a box I just don't shoot like I use to. But the 22's keep me going most of the time. Looking at getting a 25-06 or 22-250 next.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Howdy,
I concur that .22s are the most bang for the buck for fun plinking. Between my lady friend and myself we have a pair of 10-22s. a new Ruger Charger, a GSG-5, a Mossberg Plinkster, a Henry lever, a Henry pump, and a Henry Survival rifle. During the summer week ends we would go through a brick of ammo daily shooting targets and turtles on my pond behind the house. For hand gun .22s we have a Taurus with pink grips(not mine), a Sig Mosquito, and a Walther P-22. Yep, we like the .22s!!!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Howdy,
I concur that .22s are the most bang for the buck for fun plinking. Between my lady friend and myself we have a pair of 10-22s. a new Ruger Charger, a GSG-5, a Mossberg Plinkster, a Henry lever, a Henry pump, and a Henry Survival rifle. During the summer week ends we would go through a brick of ammo daily shooting targets and turtles on my pond behind the house. For hand gun .22s we have a Taurus with pink grips(not mine), a Sig Mosquito, and a Walther P-22. Yep, we like the .22s!!!
i have the walther p-22 also.best little semi auto you can buy in my opinion :tup:

·
Super Moderator
12,637 Posts
Remington 597 and Ruger MkII for .22's

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
damnit all, this is worthless without pictures :mad:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ive got a remi 597,old remi bolt action and old russian military trainer bolt action .22, had a marlin nylon semi auto but somehow got left and flooded durin the hurricane. also have a h&r 9 shot revolver. i want a .22 mag now since theyre becoming a lil more popular and built better. older ones crack bolts because of the pressure they put em on.

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
I've got a bunch, but I love my Walther P-22 with a laser on it. My buddy has one with a silencer on it. I've made more noise spitting out a pubic hair than that gun makes.

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
okay no one else has pictures.....must be like penis envy, only guns. I understand, you'll afraid I'll whip out the big one, be scared bitches :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
okay no one else has pictures.....must be like penis envy, only guns. I understand, you'll afraid I'll whip out the big one, be scared bitches :lol:
My wife would trip out a bit if I was in the gun safe taking pictures at midight.:eek: She already thinks that I love them a bit too much. Tomorrow I'll take some pics as well as my B&G .50

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
lol, had all mine out of a security center to update for insurance purposes. Wife asked if got em out to sell em....lol, yeah right:rolleyes:

I use to collect mainly Colt and Winchesters and anything else I liked :lol: Crap it's been years, use to set up tables at gun shows though, came across a lot of nice stuff. Sold way to many though, plenty I wish I had kept.

you show me your .50 and I'll show you mine, mines bigger:p I'll get a picture later today

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
lol, had all mine out of a security center to update for insurance purposes. Wife asked if got em out to sell em....lol, yeah right:rolleyes:

I use to collect mainly Colt and Winchesters and anything else I liked :lol: Crap it's been years, use to set up tables at gun shows though, came across a lot of nice stuff. Sold way to many though, plenty I wish I had kept.

you show me your .50 and I'll show you mine, mines bigger:p I'll get a picture later today
Yeah, I used to be a lot more active. I kind of have everything I want now though, so I don't really shop much for anything but ammo?

This my newest< Actually I made it

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
my squirrel rifle, old Model 61 Winchester, have about 10 of them in different configurations, love the old slide actions

1 - 20 of 166 Posts