Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a bad day at Trevorton Pictures added

You everyone wrecks and I seem to have been going for awhile without wrecking. I even mentioned it while we were eating that its been great not wrecking. While going up a 70' hill or so I hit a rock and having the stock rear shock it throw me to the side and I was off the trail. I kept it going thinking that I could get back on the trail only to go about 5'-7' up the tree just to have the KFX700 roll back on top of me. I'm really sore on my left side and its hard to move my arm up and down but other than I just hurt my pride.

KFX700 is hurt also. Those things take a beating and they don't like riding up trees and rolling down the hill. It hit so hard it bent my key about 25-30 degrees. I will need some parts so if you have any sitting around just let me know. I will start a thread in the wanted section. Those handlebars are tough they didn't bend at all.

O yeah just for the record Raptor 700 with exhaust and stage 2 cams only would beat me at top speed runs because of slime in the tires and you would start having the front end shake to bad. 300' and 500' runs we would be dead even.

·
Registered
600 Posts
wow man that sucks....sorry to hear about the quad. at least your ok....well kinda.....

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Mike just being stupid a little bit. Should've bailed half way up when I went of the trail. I thought I was sore last night. I'm worse today.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Glad ur alright bro

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crashin' is only funny when it happens to someone else :( Sorry bout the V. Any pictures of the carnage?
Probably tomorrow. These MOFO's take a heck of a licking. I don't think it's as sore as I am. I'm still hurting in the ribs.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Pictures added to the first post!!!

You can see on the steering stem how it is actually about 1/4'' to 3/8'' higher then what it was in the bracket. 2 flat tire just off the bead thats it. Wasn't taking pictures of them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey don't feel bad my boy rolled his from the top of the world in st. clair about 4 years ago. picked it up at the bottom got the duct tape out fixed the tie rod ends took out the steering stem and beat it close to spec. with a hammer and rode the rest of the weekend. They take a beating and keep going. Any wreak you can walk away from is a good one.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
That's an easy fix. use a strap around the stem and secure it on something else like a large tree. hit reverse a few times to bend back up the hoop.

the rear bracket you can also just bend back up.

You had better be careful. last time you were out with us when I busted my rim, you went WOT backwards down that one hill in the dark.

Your parts should be here today.

John

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's an easy fix. use a strap around the stem and secure it on something else like a large tree. hit reverse a few times to bend back up the hoop.

the rear bracket you can also just bend back up.

You had better be careful. last time you were out with us when I busted my rim, you went WOT backwards down that one hill in the dark.

Your parts should be here today.

John
You remember that shit? How about the superman I tried right behind you also? LOL Atleast I didn't wreck so bad it took us an hour just to get it to move:lol: ROFLMAO! I'm just glad your ok from that one. I hope parts get there that would be awesome!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts