Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its loose as hell.... everytime I go to shift the whole thing slides up and down. I tightened the bolts under it but it didn't do anything but make it harder to put in gear. How do I get it to not move? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Talk to I think either Camo or KFXhellraiser and have them make you up a shortyshifter..

·
Registered
772 Posts
That or try a strip of rubber underneath it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Shorty shifter! I know you probably dont want to here this b/c its just one more thing you have to buy/do but the shorty shifter is def the way to go! It isnt that much $ and not that hard to do. Get rid of that POS handle bar shifter and u'll be happy you did! Prob one of the best bank for your buck mods you can do.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I agree, you remove a lot of crap off your bike too. Cleans it up big time ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are gonna get me in trouble! The wife is gonna be pissed! But....what must be done must be done... lol! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
244 Posts
How much does a shorty cost?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I used like a yz250f (or something) shift lever. The splines matched up all we did was heated it and bent it to where we liked it. My brother and I both have that setup on our V's and they work great.

I definitely recommend one of KFXHELLRAISER'S or CAMO's though if they have any. Bolt on and go.

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
I'll be making some again, but I'm out of stock right now.

Mine are way nicer than KFXHR's... :lol: :p

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Mine are not a shifter from a dirt bike so mine are better :lol:

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Mine looks good... end of story. :lol:

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
I see nothing wrong with mine. Mine look like a shifter you use with your hand and not your foot :lol:

Here's my personal shifter.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Steeda shifter looks better than both. :p

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
If ya say so. :)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Mines better than both of yours..:p

Just cause I made it

·
Registered
772 Posts
Shiny isn't always better Camo. :p

·
Registered
555 Posts
Oh man, I even recommended you and you still dogg on my budget shifter that looks great, costs 1/3 of yours, and does the same thing! And to think I was going to send you these two brackets I have....:eek:

Maybe I should put a monster sticker on it and you'll appreciate it more:lol:

I would say though, AGAIN, that if you have the $ I would recommend one of these guys shifters.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Soooo how much? What's my options on how they look? When can you make them? Camo or kfxhellraiser?

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
I made mine for less than a $. Took a long 1/2 bolt,cut the head off, bent it as needed and welded it to the stock bracket. Put a vacuum cap on the end and done. Oh yeah I painted it black, cuz unless your looking for it, you can't see it anyways.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Oh man, I even recommended you and you still dogg on my budget shifter that looks great, costs 1/3 of yours, and does the same thing! And to think I was going to send you these two brackets I have....:eek:

Maybe I should put a monster sticker on it and you'll appreciate it more:lol:

I would say though, AGAIN, that if you have the $ I would recommend one of these guys shifters.

Wasn't talking about your shifter. I was referring to Camo's shifter's :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts